Best Betta Store Ever! Share Yours

CanadianFishFan
I want to share the pet store that had Bettas in these divided tanks happy as can be with filters. I wanted to see if you guys have been to any awesome stores like these.

upload_2018-6-4_16-16-59.png

Goldfishfreak
I have never seen anything like this, wow!!

Where is this store/what is it called?

Nightshadethebetta
I want to share the pet store that had Bettas in these divided tanks happy as can be with filters. I wanted to see if you guys have been to any awesome stores like these.
View attachment 444352
That is so awesome! Love to see that they are being treated well in a pet store for a change!

Mary765
Stores I go to keep a betta in with a peaceful schooling fish species in their own little tank, one betta per tank but it's shared with another species. Helps discern which betta are community friendly as the aggressive usually have their own tanks.

CanadianFishFan
I have never seen anything like this, wow!!

Where is this store/what is it called?
North west of Edmonton in St Albert. Its Called Oasis Fish & Reptile
Oasis Fish & Reptile
Its like family run and has no website

Stores I go to keep a betta in with a peaceful schooling fish species in their own little tank, one betta per tank but it's shared with another species. Helps discern which betta are community friendly as the aggressive usually have their own tanks.
My LFS dosent even do that.... But petsmart does. I'm so confused

bitseriously
I think it’s a prefab setup. Big als in Scarborough (east Toronto) has the same kit. It runs on a drip system. Each capsule drips into the one below it, sort of like an auto topoff system.

Goldfishfreak
I think it’s a prefab setup. Big als in Scarborough (east Toronto) has the same kit. It runs on a drip system. Each capsule drips into the one below it, sort of like an auto topoff system.

That's sounds cool!

GuppyGuy007
There is a place in Michigan that has that system, and they had really nice Bettas, I think it was called fish doctors(?)

bitseriously
Pinky, are u thinking what I’m thinking?
“Where can I, the humble 3-tank hobbyist, buy this marine marvel and start my own wall o’ Bettas?”

Fanatic
I would love to do a 20 gallon long, and divide it into a betta tank, which I can do, I’d just need the dividers.
Someday, when I can afford it.

wrs2
My LFS just keeps their bettas is super tiny cups smaller than PetSmart's! It's disheartening.

midna
cool! pretty too. looks a lot less ugly than bettas in cups. I went to a petco recently where they were stacked on top of each other... betta overload.

KakeHugs
There is a place in Michigan that has that system, and they had really nice Bettas, I think it was called fish doctors(?)

I live in Michigan do you happen to know what city it was in? I googled it and saw two different ones.

Mina_A
Wow, this is so nice to see, unfortunately we don’t have anything like that around here. The pet store keeps them in small bowls and never changes the water

GuppyGuy007
It was the one in Ypsilanti

Aquilist
All of the pet shops in Australia have that. At least all of the ones that I've been too. The large chain pet stores such as Petbarn and Petstock house their bettas in little tanks like that with filtration. one problem with that is that they all share the same water, so if one betta is sick, they are at risk.
I think it may be illegal to house them in cups. The only place I've seen cups was at a market, where a guy was selling those awesome wood-base fish bowls. there was no electricity there.

Edit: Another large store is Best friends. They have that setup as well.

Fishaholic58
I wish I had a LPS where I’m at. The only pet stores near me are chains like PetSmart and Petco. They keep their bettas in the tiny cups. Only once have I seen two female bettas in a community tank at petco with other fish while the rest were in cups. It was strange.

WanhiBetta
The LFS where I work has a similar system! We use it for bettas and shrimp. It's so much better for them than being in cups, even though real tanks would obviously be even better.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TropicalFlow
Replies
Views
midna
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views