Best Betta food?

Aurorafishy

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi there,

Currently setting up for a betta, and was wondering on which food is best for betta. I’m trying to stay away from flakes. There are pellets, freeze dried brine shrimp and blood worms, etc. Am I suppose to get a variety, or just one, which Ones? And any good brand? Sorry if I seem confusing, I’ve just seen a lot of people feeding variety and a lot feeding just one, and got very confused, since everyone seems to feed different things. :)

Thanks!

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The only pellet I feed is New Life Spectrum but I primarily feed frozen foods. The highest quality pellet you can get the better. Bettas do not do well with a bunch of filler as they're prone to bloat and constipation

OP
Aurorafishy

Aurorafishy

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
e_watson09 said:
The only pellet I feed is New Life Spectrum but I primarily feed frozen foods. The highest quality pellet you can get the better. Bettas do not do well with a bunch of filler as they're prone to bloat and constipation
Oh okay! What brands of frozen food?

PaprikaFish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I used Omega One Betta Buffet and it works wonders for me. I used to have the TopFin ones (had to get them as they were the only ones at the time) and Paprika was CONSTANTLY constipated. Those pellets were so bad it was almost funny :p Now I feed Betta Buffet pellets as a staple, along with frozen bloodworms and brineshrimp, both of them are also the Omega One brand. There are lots of other foods, these are the ones that I use and like. Pretty soon your betta will be eating better than you are ;)

wolfdog01

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I use Fluval Bug bites for bettas and frozen Freshwater frenzy nearly everyday. Some Sundays I fast and others I give him a couple of freeze dried bloodworms.

imba

Well Known
Reaction score
I also personally use new life spectrum as a staple and rotate some freeze dried and frozen food in between. I use the NLS Betta formula, but I only feed once every 2 days for a mature betta

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Aurorafishy said:
Oh okay! What brands of frozen food?
If you're doing frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, etc I really haven't noticed a big difference in quality. If you're talking gel foods that's a different story but I don't really like those for my bettas. I want to say I'm feeding sanfrancisco bay or something like that to my guys. I buy big flat packs and break them up as I feed them.

New Threads