Best Betta Companions? Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by MissCap, Apr 11, 2018.

1. MissCap

MissCap Valued Member Member

I recently bought a half moon betta for my 10 gallon. The tank is cycled. I also added a yellow mystery snail but he hasn’t even been on the glass and barely moves around. I have had both for almost a week.

Can any other companion be added or is this enough for the 10 gallon? I was thinking of an african dwarf frog. Would those be suitable? I had a few 15 years ago and could never keep them alive (I was a terrible fish keeper then). Are they hard to keep alive? Any other good fish? Thanks!

2. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

You could try some shrimp or other snails. I dont remember if the frogs work, i dont think so.

3. motherofbettas

motherofbettas Valued Member Member

It totally depends on the personality of the betta and how heavily planted your tank is, but some varieties of shrimp could be an option!

4. OP
    OP
    MissCap

Thanks. I will watch the betta for a while. He seems calm right now, but who knows. It isn’t heavily planted, but would love to add live plants eventually.

5. CosmicDodo42

CosmicDodo42 Valued Member Member

Most bottom feeders work pretty well. Just get something like a kuhli loach, or a species of Cory cat. Of course you could always get snails too

6. OP
    OP
    MissCap

I don’t have sand in my tank, just regular aquarium gravel. I have khulis in my 55 sand tank and love them.

7. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

I thought kuhli loaches need to be in groups of three at least and in a 30gallon at least...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice