Best Aquarium Stories!

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I wanted to know, what are some of your funniest stories while fishkeeping? What did you do completely wrong? This is my story

A few months ago, I was raising a friend's newborn guppy fry. Some of them had black streaks by the first week, but they all looked pretty much the same to me. I never payed much attention to how they looked because by now I'm used to having guppy fry. BTW keep in mind my friend only had guppies! One day I woke up and this was when the fry were bigger, almost 1/2 of an inch, so I got up to feed them as usual and sure enough I took a closer look and was stunned! Apparently I had a sparkling gourami fry! In about a month or so later when the fry were all adults, it really was a sparkling gourami. I have no idea how it got in there, maybe it was in the guppy tank and was taken with the female when she was purchased. She was pretty new!

Wild, right?!

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Wow. Pics?

My best story is saving a ton of mosquitofish from a ditch.

My aunt was in town and she was playing Pokémon Go in my neighborhood. About 100 yards away from my house, she saw a ditch with hundreds of fish in there. It was drying up and they barely had any water.

I went down there with a net and saved 200+ mosquitofish.

I returned the next week and caught another 30 and a female sailfin molly.

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
75g Discus Tank said:
Wow. Pics?

My best story is saving a ton of mosquitofish from a ditch.

My aunt was in town and she was playing Pokémon Go in my neighborhood. About 100 yards away from my house, she saw a ditch with hundreds of fish in there. It was drying up and they barely had any water.

I went down there with a net and saved 200+ mosquitofish.

I returned the next week and caught another 30 and a female sailfin molly.
Wow! Yeah I read ur post on that! Congratulations on doing that!!!

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
At dinner with a friend the other night, he asked me in front of my husband if I'm up to a dozen tanks. I had to admit that I'm up to 21, which made hubby gasp. I wasn't counting the large plastic tote acting like a mini pond on the back patio, and I didn't tell him about the 5 empty tanks that I'm plotting to fill up this week...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom