Question Best aquarium light for 55 gallon

Bravof56

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello I am changing the lighting on my 55 gallon the dimensions are
L 100cm D 50CM H 50CM
I have basics plants and the lighting that came with the aquarium keep turning its self so need somthing for reliable.
I am looking to spend no more that £70
Thanks

MrBryan723

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
For £70(british pounds right?) The sky is the limit. As in Aquasky by Fluval. Their high end plant lights cost around that. But most any light you spend that kind of money on for a freshwater 55g should be a pretty great light. You could probably find a pretty decent LED light to swap out with the florescent tube for around £40. Also, your ballast is probably going out. It's the little circular thing under the hood next to the bulb. They are cheap and very simple to replace in the meantime if logistics are a concern for a replacement lighting system.

tuggerlake26

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There are some good Current LED lights available that should be in that price range. They would support basic plants for low/medium light and should last quite a while.

Utar

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Take a day to spend on Amazon. Lookup aquarium lights and read the reviews, then you will end up as confused as I was on the best light. lol Seems that every choice has positive and negative reviews. So I just picked one, the NICREW ClassicLED Gen 2. It is ok, but I don't have much experience to say about it. I don't like the way I have to turn it on an off, which also uses the same switch to choose the different lighting effects. This is a bet confusing for me. Instead of just a hard on and off, it has three buttons that you have to hold down for different amounts of time to turn off, and change effects. But other than that it is very bright. Only time will tell if it is a good one for growing plants.

New Threads