Best and accurate thermometer suggestions?

Clarity

Just wondering what thermometer suggestions you have and use, obviously I want it as accurate as possible, I like the look of the digital ones but how good are they? Are they just a bit gimmicky?

Fishstery

Just wondering what thermometer suggestions you have and use, obviously I want it as accurate as possible, I like the look of the digital ones but how good are they? Are they just a bit gimmicky?
Kind of gimmicky if you aren't willing to purchase a more expensive one. The cheaper ones I've had in the past were always 2-3 degrees off. I just use old school thermometers because they're the most reliable. I bought a clear hang on glass thermometer on Amazon for 16 bucks, it reads in Celsius but looks much sleeker than the yellow ones that read in Fahrenheit.

Clarity

Kind of gimmicky if you aren't willing to purchase a more expensive one. The cheaper ones I've had in the past were always 2-3 degrees off. I just use old school thermometers because they're the most reliable. I bought a clear hang on glass thermometer on Amazon for 16 bucks, it reads in Celsius but looks much sleeker than the yellow ones that read in Fahrenheit.
Yeah that was my worry, I want something accurate for sure! I am from the UK so I read in Celsius anyway so that suits me best! do you have a link or a pic of what I should be looking for?

PAcanis

I use a kitchen thermometer. A digital, instant read meat probe. The same one I use in the kitchen ;)
But I've been thinking about getting a second one since setting up some tanks elsewhere, where I work.
It's a personal thing, but I don't like extra stuff in my tank that doesn't go with my scaping.

coralbandit

I use the floating glass type in every tank . They are $2-3 still .
You must be registered to see images

I scrutinize them all when I buy them to make sure they all read the same ,as the paper can be installed improperly .
My HM3 TDS meter also reads temp in F/C along with instant TDS .

PAcanis

I use the floating glass type in every tank . They are $2-3 still .

I scrutinize them all when I buy them to make sure they all read the same ,as the paper can be installed improperly .
My HM3 TDS meter also reads temp in F/C along with instant TDS .

My TDS meter has a temp mode, too.
I thought it was four degrees off, but then I realized I had to hold it in the tank for 4-5 minutes. It does not read temp near as fast as it does TDS and EC.
I should get a suction cup for it :p

BigManAquatics

My thoughts on digital thermometers are what i think about most modern things: great when it works, useless the other 99% of the time.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
tuggerlake26
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
sloughdog
Replies
Views