Best all around med

1. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Im gonna go do a medication run tommorow due to my severe ich case.What is the best all around ich meds that are safe for ivertebrates.I was looking at kordons ICH Attack has anyone had any success with this stuff.An does anyone have recomendations

2. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I used quick cure. Ich attack did not work for me.

3. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Is it safe for invertabrates?

4. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

5. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

If the fish are severely afflicted with ich as was stated, then the entire tank needs to be treated. The fish don't have to stay in the main tank though - you can move all the fish to another tank and treat them there. Without hosts in the show tank, the parasites will die, but that takes a little while. Water changes will certainly speed up the process of ridding the tank of them.

6. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Yes I tried the Natural way but my heater will not meet up to the needs.Thats why im going all natural medication so I can use it with inverts.
    Ill make sure to get some carbon there to.

I dont have any room for my gbr in any other tank plus all the fish accept the bn has it.

7. toosie Well Known Member Member

Victoria Green (aka Malachite Green) which is a component in Quick Cure is pretty harsh stuff. It will kill your biological bacteria and you will have to recycle your tank. It's also not very friendly to scaleless fish even at half dose so I think your snails will be toast.

Ryan is right, heat is the best treatment unless (as your case sounds) the ich is already too severe, then meds may be the only thing that might save your fish.

Unfortunately I've never tried Kordon Ich Attack so I'm no help on that one.

Edit: Yeah, ok... I was slow. :;snail

8. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

9. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

10. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

11. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Darn I might just have to try Kordon's ich attack.I know someone on here recomended it I think It was Ken.

12. toosie Well Known Member Member

Analine Green, Malachite Green, Victoria Green, Benzaldehyde Green and maybe even a few others are apparently all Analine Green by a different name. I'm used to calling it Malachite Green so that's what I used along with Victoria Green, but yeah.... apparently it goes by many names.

13. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Just because it didn't work for me that one time doesn't mean it's a bad product. I only used it the one time - never went back.

14. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Doesnt hurt to try if it doesnt work then im screwed hopefully it does.

And one more thing I would like to thank everyone that helped me out :D :;thx

15. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

What inverts do you have?

16. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Mts and RCS there a pain in the butt to catch.

17. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Ahh ok, up to speed now.

I just did some quick googling about inverts and ich. The general consensus I'm reading suggests that inverts are not able to host the parasite, thus are not susceptible to it. sooo my plan of attack would now be (on the assumption that you are going the med's path)

I think we all agree that the meds (particularly the copper) will most likely harm/kill inverts.

- Remove the inverts, and place them in QT - I would personally use fresh water (de-chlorinated), but you could use old tank water. If you use fresh water, be sure to re-acclimate the inverts to it (I suggest the bucket method)
    - Remove any carbon from your filters (this will just defeat the purpose of the meds)
    - Follow the treatment schedule as directed, and to completion. (I think most of them say don't change any water during treatment?)
    - At the end of the treatment, water change (there's probably a direction on the med)
    - add ac to the filter to absorb/remove the meds
    - maintain a good water change regime, until all meds are gone.
    - Re-acclimate the inverts and return to the DT.

That's just my thoughts/approach.

18. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

I have a tank empty perfect for the shrimp ill get at the shrimp tommorow.I know I have a Pregnant shrimp shes tending to her eggs! :D

Also do you think i should remove plants?

19. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Treatment with meds will take like 4 days to complete - you could keep the shrimp and snails in a container while you treated the main tank. It would also be wise to preserve some filter media, in case you do lose the cycle. The stuff with malachite green provides relief VERY fast - the fish were always spotless within 2 days.

20. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

I have two empty tanks one is cycling the other fully cycled I can put the in there :D. Im prob gonna get the api Ive always had success with the brand. I actually have some in the filter right now i can take out.

Im also a fish keeper :D