5 Gallon Tank Best Adjustable Heater?

Taylor J. B.

Hello everyone!

My name is Taylor, I've had my male Betta in a five gallon Aqueon MiniBow 5 for a little over two months. The ideal temperature that I want in my tank is 78 degrees. I currently have the Aqueon 10W MiniHeater and I hate it. The temperature fluctuates way too often and it's starting to stress my poor fish out.

I am hoping to get some insight to point me in the direction of a good adjustable heater for my size tank. I have done quite a lot of research and can't seem to find one that I feel comfortable with.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance, everyone!

AquaBaby

Yup, the Cobalt Aquatics Electronic Neo-Therm Submersible Heater is what I have in my betta tank and I love it!

Taylor J. B.

HI Repolie and AquaBaby, thank you for your replies! I looked into the Cobalt Neo-Therm and I liked it, but I saw a lot of reviews about plastics heaters cracking and leaking fluids, as well as glass heaters breaking. I guess that made me a bit paranoid. How can I prevent this type of thing from happening?

Repolie

It rarely happens when used properly. Keep it under water, use the proper wattage, keep it vertical, use a reputable brand, and always read the directions.

Cichlidude

HI Repolie and AquaBaby, thank you for your replies! I looked into the Cobalt Neo-Therm and I liked it, but I saw a lot of reviews about plastics heaters cracking and leaking fluids, as well as glass heaters breaking. I guess that made me a bit paranoid. How can I prevent this type of thing from happening?
And what you read about is less than 10% of the folks who report these issues. I'm not sure Cobalt has resolved this issue totally. These unit are still blowing up. Sorry.

Kathryn Crook

I am careful to unplug it during water changes so its not exposed to air. I bet a chunk of them have issues because ppl forget this step. My cobalt holds a set temp consistently. I really like it. It also tells you if the water change water is a different temp by flashing ect....

AquaBaby

I always make sure the water level is at the correct level and unplug it during water changes.

EmilyClick28

Marineland adjustable submersible heater is great!

Similar Aquarium Threads

10 Gallon Tank Looking for a good heater
  • FernAndJoop
  • Heater
Replies
Views
FernAndJoop
  • gibsonfan2332
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Fisch