10 Gallon Tank Best adjustable heater for a 10 gallon tank? preferably on the cheaper side

mang0

i have a 50 watt preset to 78F heater from petsmart that just is not strong enough, and my water temps just are not high enough in my tank. any recommendations for a good heater that i can adjust is appreciated!

Royan

I've heard Eheim Jager heaters are pretty good. They are on the pricier side but I'd rather pay for the quality now rather than pay for a replacement heater and a dead fish. I just ordered a 25w for my 5.5 gallon and 125w for my 29 gallon yesterday. They can be adjusted from 64 to 93 degrees fahrenheit. I think they recommend a 50w for 7-16 gallons.

Derek88242

Royan said:
I've heard Eheim Jager heaters are pretty good. They are on the pricier side but I'd rather pay for the quality now rather than pay for a replacement heater and a dead fish. I just ordered a 25w for my 5.5 gallon and 125w for my 29 gallon yesterday. They can be adjusted from 64 to 93 degrees fahrenheit. I think they recommend a 50w for 7-16 gallons.
I use the eheim Jager and love it. They have been around for ever and have a great reputation. My lfs even uses them to heat all their tanks. Aquarium heaters are the #1 piece of equipment that can cause issues/fail. I definitely think its worth it to buy a good quality heater for this reason.

JettsPapa

Royan said:
Royan,

Do you mind if I ask where you ordered that small Eheim Jager?

Royan

JettsPapa said:
Royan,

Do you mind if I ask where you ordered that small Eheim Jager?
SaltwaterAquarium.com (Free shipping :D)
Looks like the heaters are going quick but the 25w is still in stock.

25w Heater:

EMcT1985

mang0 said:
i have a 50 watt preset to 78F heater from petsmart that just is not strong enough, and my water temps just are not high enough in my tank. any recommendations for a good heater that i can adjust is appreciated!
How cold does it get? Depending on what kind of fish you have you might be fine with what you have.

Betta'sAnonymous

Awhile back i ordered 3 100 watt aqueon preset heaters for 11 something each from amazon. Through error on their part with stock labelling i got 3 50 watt adjustable aqueons instead. Error in my favor!

mang0

EMcT1985 said:
How cold does it get? Depending on what kind of fish you have you might be fine with what you have.
it's 76F, i have corydoras and endlers. but i do go away in the winter/fall a lot and the heat is often off in the house, so it gets colder in the tank than i realized, so i'd like a stronger heater.

JettsPapa

Royan said:
SaltwaterAquarium.com (Free shipping :D)
Looks like the heaters are going quick but the 25w is still in stock.

25w Heater:
I just ordered one. Thank you.

Betta'sAnonymous

mang0 said:
it's 76F, i have corydoras and endlers. but i do go away in the winter/fall a lot and the heat is often off in the house, so it gets colder in the tank than i realized, so i'd like a stronger heater.
I know amazon has some brands that definitely are on the cheaper side, but i have no experience with those.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom