Besides Harlequin Rasboras, What Nano Species Eats From The Surface?

ap4lmtree

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I need to populate a 10 gallon with about 14 or more of a nano species to give a betta company. I already will have 20 harlequin rasboras for a different tank setup, but i need a species for 10 gallon.

I was wondering if chili rasboras eat from the surface. I am also interested in zebra danio or CPD.

but if neither of those species eat from the surface, which nano species does?

thanks

ap4lmtree

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
emmysjj said:
No other fish can be with a betta in a 10 gallon. Shrimp and snails only
yes they can. i have a betta with my harlequin rasboras right now. three of my bettas are more happy being around other fish while one likes to be alone or is too aggressive.

so, you could speak of your own bettas, but not mine. and this isn't the topic.

it is about what fish eat from the surface.

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Chili rasboras do eat from the surface if you get them used to it. Originally only a couple of mine would, and I had to swirl their food into the water, but now all of them will, though some still prefer eating right below the surface.

emmysjj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
ap4lmtree said:
yes they can. i have a betta with my harlequin rasboras right now. three of my bettas are more happy being around other fish while one likes to be alone or is too aggressive.

so, you could speak of your own bettas, but not mine. and this isn't the topic.

it is about what fish eat from the surface.
I'm just saying that your betta might snap one day. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to be helpful.

Adrian Burke

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I say to for the chili rasboras. They are one of my favorites. It should be okay to have them in as long as your betta isn’t too aggressive. You might want to try snails, too.

ap4lmtree

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
emmysjj said:
I'm just saying that your betta might snap one day. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to be helpful.
you dont have to give me an explanation to me nor anyone else. appeasing people is a stupid social norm

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ap4lmtree said:
you dont have to give me an explanation to me nor anyone else. appeasing people is a stupid social norm
Trying to explain and communicate isn't stupid to me.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BTW a lot of fish are "designed" to feed in midwater where they find there food and now and then will get an insect or so from the surface. A lot can learn to eat from the surface if that's the place the food is, but you'll notice they're more comfortable doing so in midwater. It also has to do with their vulnerability for predators lurking from above (more safe to be in a school in midwater than as an individual fish on the surface)

ap4lmtree

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ill get 14 chili rasboras for a 10 gallon or maybe upgrade it to a 20 high

thanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom