Berried Cpo! (advice)

Discussion in 'Crayfish - Crawfish' started by Brittni808, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Brittni808

Brittni808 Valued Member Member

I finally have a berried CPO and I’m so excited! I really want the babies to survive so I was just looking for any suggestions from people who have successfully kept them.

Some background: I have 4 CPOs in my 60 gallon with Amano shrimp, guppies, platys, pearl danios, pearl gouramis, and neon tetras. Should I keep the berried CPO in a Breeder box until she has her babies? Or leave her in my tank as is?

Thanks guys!!

IMG_8083.JPG

2. Demeter

Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

Breeder boxes stress fish out as they do not provide enough space nor cover to keep them happy. I'd set up a spare tank or at least 5gals and move the cray there. Provide plenty of cover and once they babies hatch you can feed them an assortment of foods, I can't imagine they would be too picky as they are scavenging bottom feeders. Adding some plants and dried leaves is a good idea though, biofilm is a great first food for new born aquatic creatures.

Be sure to have the other tank set up with a heater and seasoned filter. Sponge filters are your best bet as the little crays won't get sucked up and killed like with a HOB.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice