Bent Dorsal Fin

Niigaanii L

Valued Member
Reaction score
This is Furgle (I didn't chose the name, but yet it's oddly fitting)
He's a Male Halfmoon Betta, and not only is he my first fish- he's fairly new.
He has this thing with his dorsal Fin where it's just bent, folded kinda. It's always been this way ever since I brought him home, is he alright? He's acting fine as far as I can tell. Just wanted to know if he's okay or if I should be concerned.

Attachments

wolfdog01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
He looks fine to me, it might be a defect if he was a petstore betta. They're mutts at chain stores usually and can have genetic issues, some of them aren't affected it by it though. I wouldn't worry about it.
Very beautiful boy by the way!

Niigaanii L

Valued Member
Reaction score
Gala said:
He looks fine to me, it might be a defect if he was a petstore betta. They're mutts at chain stores usually and can have genetic issues, some of them aren't affected it by it though. I wouldn't worry about it.
Very beautiful boy by the way!
Okay good he swims fine as far as I can tell, I'm pretty new to keeping fish in general. I was at PetSmart (only have chains here, unless you wanna travel 2 hours) and saw this guy and had to bring him home. thanks!

Wystearya

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He looks quite healthy!

My guess is that the dorsal is bent over from the weight and size of the fin. Nothing you can do about it, but it's also not a disease or anything like that either.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom