Beneficial bacteria question

Gvilleguy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have read posts by forum users who said that as long as the bacteria remain wet, they can go for quite some time. I would think several days is a reasonable guess.

Betta Splendid 1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My tank just finished cycling at the wrong time, before I go on vacation I will have someone be able to feed the bacteria in the tank 3 days after I leave. I do not want to add fish yet though because this person does not want to and is not experienced in keeping fish at all so yeah.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
We had a similar case the other day on forums. Just throw a raw shrimp or two to feed the bacteria while you are gone and it should be ok.

Betta Splendid 1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I will just put in 1 raw shrimp to last the bacteria 3 days of food then when the person can come they remove it and start using the pure ammonia we have to feed the bacteria it's much cleaner.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There is research that the BB doesn't quickly die off if there's no ammonia, as long as it's kept wet it goes dormant & can stay that way for quite a while. Once ammonia is reintroduced it 'wakes up', how quickly depends on how long it's been without an ammonia source

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hmm sounds like a bottle of Stability. The bacteria inside are dormant and in a spore state or form. Once they hit the water, they awaken. At least that's what I made out from their website anyway.

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hmm sounds like a bottle of Stability. The bacteria inside are dormant and in a spore state or form. Once they hit the water, they awaken. At least that's what I made out from their website anyway.
are you sure you're not secretly a Seachem employee? lol j/k

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
are you sure you're not secretly a Seachem employee? lol j/k
Lol no, but sometimes I do sound like a salesman talking about their products I guess.. I just do a lot of research online and on their website

The thing is, I hate any sales job, but sometimes, I think I would make a pretty good salesman..

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom