Beneficial Bacteria in a Bottle

N2Gongfu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi all
I want to cycle a tank fast, and without fish. Is all BBB the same? Thanks again guys

Tips / recommendations on this cycle would be appreciated too

Dolfan

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All the different brands have a different mix of what they think is the best. I have used Seachem Stability with good results, and love everything Seachem makes. Generally most agree that Tetras Safe Start, Dr Tims One and Only, and Seachem Stability are pretty good and provide good results. Some of the other brands seem to be hit and miss.

The most important thing, is to make sure to follow the directions specifically for whatever you buy. You can not do anything differently or it will not work. If it says no water changes for 2 weeks, then no water changes, etc.

Tennesseecowboy

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Dolfan said:
All the different brands have a different mix of what they think is the best. I have used Seachem Stability with good results, and love everything Seachem makes. Generally most agree that Tetras Safe Start, Dr Tims One and Only, and Seachem Stability are pretty good and provide good results. Some of the other brands seem to be hit and miss.

The most important thing, is to make sure to follow the directions specifically for whatever you buy. You can not do anything differently or it will not work. If it says no water changes for 2 weeks, then no water changes, etc.
This. Same goes with many additives (Water clarifiers, etc.) I've had pretty decent results with the Tetra brand one in the past, but I would definitely check the sell by date on the package because bacteria are living creatures and they can go bad. Also, this means some batches will be better than others, just depending on whats inside. I guess that's why some are hit and miss.

N2Gongfu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks again guys!! I will definitely look at the expiration date and follow directions!
Chunk, I shoulda mentioned I'm going bare bottom, so I'm thinking I may try Seachem, I wonder if one product works faster than another?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom