Belkin Brand Power Strip No Good

1. DRock914 Member Member

Stay away from the Belkin brand power strip. I had a filter, light, air pump, and heater for a 20 gallon tank plugged into it for about 2 months and it blew last night. Good thing I was in the room and noticed the tank light was off. Could you imagine if that happened in the middle of the night or in the morning while I was at work. Good news is everything was back on in 10mins when I found another strip laying around the house.

2. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Nice save. I've used several Belkins and never had an issue with any of them. Just for peace of mind, your fish would have more than likely been fine throughout the night or even a work day. ;)

3. namehater Well Known Member Member

ive always had good luck with Belkin stuff, maybe you just had a 'monday' special lol.

4. DRock914 Member Member

I've had other belkin products that were excellent but this one just annoyed me. I did notice today on the packaging that it says not to use with aquariums or water. The maximum energy dissipation on the belkin was 312 joules where as the one I bought today (first alert) is 1,350 joules. Thats a huge difference and they are the same price.