Beginnings Of Fin Rot?

Zai

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Just got this gorgeous boy and he had the tinge of black on his tail when I bought him. I change his water every other day but want to make sure it's not just possible coloring. Also mildly concerned his bottom fin is stuck together (also bought him that way) but figure theres not much I can do except good diet and clean water.

He doesnt sit still very well xD hes very active.
20190619_191955.jpg
20190619_191911.jpg

Crafty Cichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It could be the start of fin rot, or the start of healing in clean water. how big is the tank, and how long has it been set up? Too many water changes in a new tank can make the water worse sometimes. Another thought, with the clean water and increased swimming space, he might be getting some different colors. Bettas are known to go through color changes based on water conditions... or because they feel like. Science isn't sure.

Zai

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It could be the start of fin rot, or the start of healing in clean water. how big is the tank, and how long has it been set up? Too many water changes in a new tank can make the water worse sometimes. Another thought, with the clean water and increased swimming space, he might be getting some different colors. Bettas are known to go through color changes based on water conditions... or because they feel like. Science isn't sure.
It's a 5 gallon and hes only been in it 5 days. It's been doing a fishless cycle however that lasted about 50 to 60 days.
He had it when I bought him which was why I was thinking possible fin rot, since they keep them in the tiny plastic cups.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom