Beginning Flourish Excel - will it kill them?

1. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Hello all. Im worried about using flourish excel in my tank. I searched around for a while and finally bought a 100ml bottle (as it is very difficult to get in Ireland). Ny tank is a 47G with a BN Pleco, Minnows, guppies and 4 fry , RCS and MTS. Will Flourish Excel harm any of these guys? Also, after hearing it melts anacharis, ive removed all the Elodea densa, Canadensis and Brazilian I have in my tank. I've also heard it can harm moss and ive got some Java Moss that I hope will grow around my drift wood (ive currently bound it on with thread). So I'm basically wondering, will any of my inhabitants, plant and animal, be harmed by this?

Also if you have any advice on using excel, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

It will kill if you add to much. Just add maybe half the amount of what it says. Then wait a week or so and monitor the plants. See if they are wilting back or starting to brown but I havnt had any problems with the flourish excel.

3. DarkDroid Member Member

I have Anacharis and Val's which both have a bad reaction to Excel, but they will acclimate. I dosed 1ml daily in my 55 for the first week, 2ml daily the second week, 3ml the third week and upped it 1ml weekly till I reached the recommended dosage on the bottle. Both have acclimated well and are growing great.