beginner

cory

Reaction score
right now i have 6 tiger barbs,3 mollies ,2 snails and a pleco.i plan on getting platys and harlequins also.
i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what kinds of fish i can mix in my 55 gallon long tank.
im looking on creating a community tank,looking for good strong hardy fish like the fish i have already.
thanks
cory

JP

Valued Member
Reaction score
Dwarf gouramis make for a nice "main" fish in a tank. Very attractive little fish. Though you would have to keep an eye on those tiger barbs with them or any other fish with nice long fins. They are notorious for fin nipping.

cory

Reaction score
JP said:
Dwarf gouramis make for a nice "main" fish in a tank. Very attractive little fish. Though you would have to keep an eye on those tiger barbs with them or any other fish with nice long fins. They are notorious for fin nipping.

I just looked them up ,definately going to add some of those too eventually.actually just got home from the petstore(petsunlimited)with a dojo or weather loach i think thats going to be my favorite fish,fun to watch and the cat loves it too.actually want to get another one so it doesnt get lonely.lol.

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Becareful with those snails, if you do have two then theres a possibility that you will have a tank swarming with them soon.

Best thing to do now in my opinion is either take one out or get a fish that eats them, such as a Clown Loach

cory

Reaction score
ChrisRamo said:
Becareful with those snails, if you do have two then theres a possibility that you will have a tank swarming with them soon.

Best thing to do now in my opinion is either take one out or get a fish that eats them, such as a Clown Loach
ive had them for a few weeks now and still havent came across any eggs,or baby snails for that matter ive been reading up on the weather loach and read that they love eating snails also.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom