Beginner Saltwater Setup (preferably without a sump)

Katie993

I am completely inexperienced with saltwater. I recently just got back into freshwater fish keeping after a long break from it. Now my boyfriend has Multiple Tank Syndrome but he wants to go his own route now and get into saltwater. He has no experience at all so what would be the easiest saltwater setup that's going to be the most enjoyable to watch? Any suggestions for certain brands of equipment that hold up better than others would be appreciated also. He would like to try corals and LOVES peppermint shrimp. It's the first thing he checks out at Petco. That's really the only thing he's decided that he has to have in his tank lol I'd rather not deal with a sump if I don't have to. I don't have any experience with them and would like to have the space under the cabinet of whatever tank we go with but it's not a complete no go either.

SilverLake

I am completely inexperienced with saltwater. I recently just got back into freshwater fish keeping after a long break from it. Now my boyfriend has Multiple Tank Syndrome but he wants to go his own route now and get into saltwater. He has no experience at all so what would be the easiest saltwater setup that's going to be the most enjoyable to watch? Any suggestions for certain brands of equipment that hold up better than others would be appreciated also. He would like to try corals and LOVES peppermint shrimp. It's the first thing he checks out at Petco. That's really the only thing he's decided that he has to have in his tank lol I'd rather not deal with a sump if I don't have to. I don't have any experience with them and would like to have the space under the cabinet of whatever tank we go with but it's not a complete no go either.
I feel like this should be a good place to start,
Saltwater Aquarium Fish Guide For Saltwater Fish

Once that's been given a good look over and you have more specific questions it'll be easier to get the answers you need.

Upvote 0

Katie993

I have done quite a bit of research on it, I've just never kept saltwater fish. I just wanted some more opinions.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
20 Gallon Tank Saltwater Setup
Replies
Views
PeteStevers
Replies
Views
Aquarist
Replies
Views