beginner plants?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Jren, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Jren

JrenValued MemberMember

what are some plants i could use in my freshwater planted aquarium for beginners??? thanks!!!

2. FreshFishes

FreshFishesValued MemberMember

Some great beginner plants that don't require* Co2 or fertilizer include Anubias nana, Java fern, Amazon sword, and your basic floating moss balls.
    I myself love the Anubias, specifically the nana or nangi varieties. I stick some on some Driftwood, tie down the roots, leave the rhizome exposed and it's good to go! Very slow growing plant, too.
    There are lots of wonderful plants that are rather easy to take care of.
    If you want some real (like amazing) expert advice and help, head on down to the freshwater aquarium plants section!
    *however, all plants thrive with plant food additive or fertilizer.
    -Potato

3. el337

el337Fishlore LegendMember

Water wisteria and water sprite (both can be planted or left floating), crypts, corkscrew vals, bacopa caroliniana and hygrophila corymbosa/salicifolia are my favorites.

4. Dave125g

Dave125gFishlore LegendMember

I had the same question. And got the same answer. Java fern Amazon sword. I also got a corkscrew Val. That's what I got its been almost a week so far so good

5. shadowfish

shadowfishWell Known MemberMember

6. OP
    OP
    Jren

JrenValued MemberMember

my tank has a co2 injector!!! i got some anubias nana, some java moss, some red plant and some plants on a wood that were for sale!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice