Beginner Plants For 10 Gallon

TarielBlu

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a 10 gallon tank I'm planning to redo in the future. What are some beginner plants that I can add?

Joey S.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Dwarf sag, they're practically unkillable, do well in all lighting conditions, spread like weed, no need for ferts or co2. I've had great success with this plant.

This is the growth after 3 months in the shrimp tank with DIY co2 and sporadic fertilizing, the substrate is sand.
IMG_0922_Fotor.jpg

IMG_0928_Fotor.jpg

And here it is in my 55 ultra low tech "barely turn on the light" tank
IMG_0933_Fotor.jpg

SarahBear1009

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Dwarf sag, they're practically unkillable, do well in all lighting conditions, spread like weed, no need for ferts or co2. I've had great success with this plant.

This is the growth after 3 months in the shrimp tank with DIY co2 and sporadic fertilizing, the substrate is sand.
View attachment 558751
View attachment 558752

And here it is in my 55 ultra low tech "barely turn on the light" tank
View attachment 558753
I've got some dwarf sag too, and I kind of like it overgrown and not neatly trimmed! My microsword is not really growing much though. Thinking of removing it and replacing it with more dwarf sag.
20190521_182654.jpg

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've got some dwarf sag too, and I kind of like it overgrown and not neatly trimmed! My microsword is not really growing much though. Thinking of removing it and replacing it with more dwarf sag. View attachment 558845
Those dwarf sag are tall! O.O

I've also got some dwarf sag in my aquarium and so far they're doing good. I've seen some new growth on a majority of my sag plant, however, I haven't seen any runners yet, mainly because they have been getting uprooted (prime suspects would be my corydoras) and that they're still settling in.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom