Beginner/low Light Plants Want To Buy

1. ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams Member Member

Looking for some low light plants for my tank. I made the mistake of using glue the first time around and killed most of them. I need some good background plants and some foreground plants.

2. d

danhutchins Member Member

What kind of glue did you use? And what plants did you glue? Jungle val is a really good low tech plant that will grow very fast under low light (background plants). S.repens are a good foreground plant that dont require to much either but will grow more leggy and not bushy, they also grow much slower in low light.

3. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

SeaChem Flourish Glue. I bought it from aquariumplants.com. I glued Anubias Nana, Java Fern, Vallisneria Americana & Java Moss. I'm trying to save the Anubias and Java Fern. But the Vallisneria couldn't be saved.

4. emmysjj

emmysjj Well Known Member Member

5. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

What kind of crypts?

6. emmysjj

emmysjj Well Known Member Member

crypts wendii

Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry, I skimmed and didn’t realize you were buying. I thought you were looking for suggestions :confused:

7. d

danhutchins Member Member

You have to be pretty careful using the glue. If any gets on the roots it could kill them. Not to familiar with the vallisneria Americana but if its anything like the jungle vallisneria that might be why those died off. If you are dosing excel vals do not like it and will die. Not sure about your vals but the jungle type are root feeders and need to be buried in the substrate, never heard of gluing them to anything but again I'm not familiar with those.

8. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

No you’re okay! Suggestions are good too lol

9. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Please remember this is the BST board & not for discussion or advice.
    If you want advice on plants then please start a thread on the appropriate board.