Ktbrantmyer

Hey there!
Beginner, trying to thrive!
55 gallon freshwater tank
Temp: 75-78 degrees
Sun sun 330b filter
5 glofish barbs
2 glofish sharks
2 glofish danios (I know they are schooling fish, but have gone through way too many and they do not survive/thrive, so I am keeping them happy as I can, but culling them in the most humane way possible with my capabilities)
1 Chocolate Pleco

Asomeone

Whats the question?

CrackerboxPalace

Welcome to fishlore :)

Ouse

Welcome!

Scratch the sharks and increase the population of the barbs to above ten. Assuming they’re GloFish’s tiger barbs, they’ll need a big group to disperse aggression, or things will eventually become violent.

Ktbrantmyer

Welcome!

Scratch the sharks and increase the population of the barbs to above ten. Assuming they’re GloFish’s tiger barbs, they’ll need a big group to disperse aggression, or things will eventually become violent.
Thanks for the tips! I would like to keep the sharks, but did plan on increasing the barbs up to 10 once the danios are gone. Everyone has been living relatively peacefully until about a week ago when my largest shark started being a jerk! Nothing has changed and there are plenty hiding places to hide and claim, so I might have to go that route.

Ouse

There might not be enough space for both sharks in the long term.

You’re not just looking to add hiding spaces, but also structure in the tank that allows the sharks to create separate territories and not see each other from across the tank.

Ktbrantmyer

There might not be enough space for both sharks in the long term.

You’re not just looking to add hiding spaces, but also structure in the tank that allows the sharks to create separate territories and not see each other from across the tank.
That actually makes a lot of sense! I have a 55 gallon tall tank and the main time he is a jerk is when he sees the smaller one come out to eat, it’s like once he sees the other shark no fish is safe! Thanks for the great advice!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DeVere
Replies
Views
CarrieF
  • Question
  • HungriestPuffer
  • Tetras
Replies
Views