Bedazzled?

1. Lynn78too

Lynn78too Well Known Member Member

Does anyone else have a bedazzled tank? I'm pretty sure it was my tiger nerite that has done this work and the stuff on the driftwood. It's like 1985 in there folks! What about you? Does anyone else have snails that like to do interior decorating?

IMG_7359.JPG

2. OP
    OP
    Lynn78too

Wow, the algae looks much worse when it's in extreme close-up like this. :confused:

3. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

0802171903.jpg

4. James17

They do good artwork, don't they.

5. OP
    OP
    Lynn78too

Lol, I had no idea! My other tank has most of it on the walls and I was able to scrub it off. I wonder what she was thinking when I was scraping her eggs off of the wall?

6. WTFish?

WTFish? Well Known Member Member

Oh man. Haha. I was just recommended a snail today....hmmm. Surely this is a minor con compared to all the pros of having a snail?

7. James17

Nerite snails do this, the eggs aren't any good anyway, they can only hatch in salty water.

I don't consider it a con, it doesn't bother me at all.

8. OP
    OP
    Lynn78too

Don't fool yourself by thinking that maybe you won't be able to see it. My one tank has them scattered on the dark, back wall and I can see them across the room.

9. sfsamm

sfsamm Well Known Member Member

Nerites.... The bane of my display tank.... I normally don't mind if they muck up a bit of driftwood or hardscape stones... But they laid eggs on my glass and I months later after a razor removal still have the outline of nerite eggs on the glass of my display tank. They have been banned to only exist in grow out tanks. I'd rather keep pond or bladder snails with an army of assassins then nerite in my display tanks now.

10. WTFish?

So you just smash them up correct?

11. jmaldo

jmaldo Well Known Member Member

Bedazzled. That's one way to look at it.

12. OP
    OP
    Lynn78too

You can't really smash them. It's more like scraping them off. I have no idea how to get them off of the plants, I think it's stuck there until they dissolve on their own. If I want to use my fingernail on my driftwood I could get them off but then I'd be left with little divots. It requires a bit of elbow grease to get them off of the glass.

13. WTFish?

Ok thanks. Looking to get one today. Hoping for no regrets. Lol