Because I had to find another money pit hobby.

Prest12

I ordered this way back in October, and after two months of back order, my massive telescope is finally here!

Betta'sAnonymous

Life is boring without Money Pits. Just think, get a wife and kids and you won't have tine or money for a hobby!! Lol

86 ssinit

Wow you’ll be able to look at your fish from anywhere .

JollyOtter

Nice looking telescope. Just in time to see the Jupiter and Saturn tonight form what they are calling the "Christmas Star". First time in 800 years they have been so close in the sky and visible together (according the the radio).

Prest12

JollyOtter said:
Nice looking telescope. Just in time to see the Jupiter and Saturn tonight form what they are calling the "Christmas Star". First time in 800 years they have been so close in the sky and visible together (according the the radio).
I was really excited when I found out the shipping date. I do still have a lot of set up to do, so it may or may not be ready for tonight.

DanielZebra32798

That’s awesome, enjoy it! Here’s to hoping you get plenty of clear skies this winter. For some reason, I’ve always found the winter night sky more enjoyable than the summer and spring months

AggressiveAquatics

Just in time for the Christmas star tonight!

StarGirl

My friend was just talking about the Christmas star today. Its cloudy here and probably won't be able to see it. I can pick out a few constellations but thats about it.

CannonsFish

Yep, You got it just in time for the "christmas star" like JollyOtter said and now you can look at the fish constellations in the sky

Prest12

If I manage to get it set up tonight, I’ll do my best to take a picture of the conjunction for you guys. Just know that this type of telescope is not meant for taking pictures, so don’t expect anything amazing.

Prest12

I wasn’t able to take a picture of the planets because of problems with dew, but I did manage a half decent picture of the moon.

AggressiveAquatics

The Christmas star was pretty cool but would have been even better if I had a telescope.

Berugula

Prest12 said:
I ordered this way back in October, and after two months of back order, my massive telescope is finally here!
This is so cool! Telescopes have always fascinated me so I’m certainly jealous lol

Nessaf

VERY nice reflecting telescope, and just in time for the conjunction! I was able to see Saturn’s ring with just a pair of binoculars tonight, so you’ll probably get a great view. And make sure to check out the Orion Nebula which is very visible right now, at least in the Northern Hemisphere.

BTW, my other money pit hobby is lapidary. I have more rocks than I can probably cut and polish in my lifetime, but still want more.

Lebeeze

Those craters on the moon must be massive.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom