Beautiful wedding, tough holiday...

1. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

I helped organize my aunts wedding, i was in charge of a lot of things. I had to run back and forth from the hotel's salon to the car all night. I had everything in the trunk so it was up to me to get it since nobody else knew where anything was. Well, with all the running back and forth (the salon was really warm and outside it was really cold) i got a cough. No biggie, i was ok LOL. The next day i was really tired, woke up early and didnt rest much. The next day i woke up with a strep throat and a head ache. Yesterday night i started sweating alot and the headache got worse. Well this morning i woke up with a 103* fever, worse throat and horrible coughing and sneezing. I've been on Ibuprofen for a few days and still dont feel better. I have muscle pains, runny nose, and havent eaten much (i.e. today i woke up at around 2 pm, really dizzy and only had 3 small tacos. i havent eaten anything else)

I'm really dissapointed about all this, because we have freinds from connecticut and florida visiting, and i was their translator so they kinda cant commuinicate. I was gonna take them shopping and all but cant because i dont want to get them sick. Plus my nephews are here (2 boys at 2 yrs old and 1 girl at 4yrs) so they are constantly screaming and crying, which isnt helping LOL

I've slept all day and cant get rid of this fever. My parents suggested sweating out the fever, but i really dont want to as i am really uncomfortable and would rather turn on the house fan and stay cool and not let my temperature rise. What should i do, i am really tired and exhausted and dont know what to do. help LOL

i want to get better so i can enujoy christmas as much as possible, plus i want to be able to be around my nephews as i dont see them often...

LOL its been quite a few hectic days LOL i hope to be able to post pics of the wedding, it was really nice.

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Oh Tont, I'm so sorry you're sick. Are you on antibiotics for the strep?
    Rest and lots of fluids is the best advice I can give.
    Get well soon!

3. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

thanks lucy. My parents havent put me on antibiotics, but i will see if i can go on them. I'm sure it would be better LOL

Thanks for the help. I started drinking alot of water today, I'm on my 3rd water bottle LOL

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Tony. Sorry to hear that you are sick. I know it isn't fun and then with having young children around can't make it much easier. Rest and take it easy. Get rid of that fever! :cold:
    Get well SOON!
    Ken:;snow

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Poor Tony:( I hope you feel better soon:;hug2

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I'm so sorry your sick :( If you have strep you really need antibiotics. It can turn into much worse things without them. Bathing your face with a cool cloth will make you feel better also. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
    Carol

7. click Well Known Member Member

An easy treatment to help your throat in the abscence of antibiotics is to rinse your mouth with salt water. Add about 1teaspoon to a glass and rinse your mouth 2-3/times /day then don't drink anything for about 1 hr. But please don't swallow the salt water, it will make you sick. And drink tea with honey. Honey is a natural antiseptic, actually is the only natural antiseptic out there I think. Before you go to bed you can eat a full spoon of honey, it will smooth your throat.

Hope you feel better soon.

8. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Well Tony by your parameters, sounds like you are in a minicycle. Take the advice above and be patient...the aniboitics will kill your good bacteria too but since you aren't in water the cyccle time for feeling better will be shorter. It's ok to up your temp too to help kill the bad bacteria/virus's. lol

Really, hope you get better quickly!!!

9. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Go to the doctor man!!! :eek:

If it's strep, you really need to be on an antibiotic or it can get much worse like Lucy said. If it's something else, you need to have it cultured so they can give you the right medication. Anyway, it sounds like you are REALLY sick, so go have it checked out.

10. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

I agree :)
    Prevention is always better!

11. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Hi Tony, I've been wondering how the wedding went.

I'm so sorry you're sick. Strep is the worst! Get lots of rest, and I agree, go to the doctor!

12. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I agree!

13. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks everyone! well the fever went away, and my throat is much better. Ive been doing some mouth rinsing and my throat is alot better :) Ill post pics later tonight, im having trouble uploading them from my computer :(

14. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Glad you're starting to feel better, T!:;hug2

15. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

16. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Here are the pics, i had to upload on photobucket LOL and it took forever!!
    first is of the newly wed couple: 282.jpg
    my dad, mom, sis, aunt and i: 283.jpg
    my family with my grandparents: 284.jpg
    the church where they got married: 285.jpg
    at the reception: 286.jpg we do our receptions differently LOL we have different themes during the party i.e, we had martigras, MJ music clothing stuff, wrestler masks, inflatable mics and guitars, etc.
    and the next day we had a barbecue with a live mariachi band :) : 287.jpg

wish i could share more pics :(

17. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Cool

Hope you had a good time :)

18. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

thanks, we did :;th

19. click Well Known Member Member

Nice bride, cool pics. Are you the handsome young man on the right? You will break so many young hearts :giggle:

20. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like a wonderful celebration. Glad you're feeling better too!