Beautiful new betta boy!

1. Gordinian Well Known Member Member

I really need to stop looking through the bettas at the pet store. lol. I saw this one and there was absolutely no way that there was even a possibility of me leaving him there- he's so pretty!! Anybody know what kind he is? The label said king betta, and I'm pretty sure it's right, just want to make sure :D

By the way, this is the only picture you guys will be getting in a while. This is my first short-finned betta, and everybody was right when they said they move around a lot more than long-finned bettas. I can't take a decent picture of him for the life of me!

Attached Files:

2. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

its looks like he has a spider on his tail.Nice buy!

3. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Nice looking King! I love King bettas, they're are so much fun X3

4. SarahFish Member Member

beautiful

5. Gordinian Well Known Member Member

I guess he calmed down a little- I got two more pictures!

Attached Files:

6. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

A nice little semi giant HMPK Orchid. King is the lazy generic petcosmart glitz glam name for them. Yeah, no. They are simply half giant HMPK. If that, they are hardly any larger then a HMPK :p. Besides, a king betta is a species of wild betta. He is very very nice and a good find. I always have my eyes out for the orchids.

7. Gordinian Well Known Member Member

Well, there are about 5 more at Petco in Burnsville MN if you wanted to make a trip! lol. I took the prettiest though :)

8. orandagal Member Member

He's very pretty. Love the color!

9. andrearamirezo91 Well Known Member Member

bEAUTIFUL!! I actually went to a petco down in Miami last weekend and they had BEAUTIFUL betta! I saw arond 5 or 6 "king betta" in there as well.. I feel the betta fever kicking in againn! :) I went to another one near Weston which is where I live now but they didn't have as many :( It does seem though that Petco has been getting some reeeally nice bettas in, I'm definitely on the look for my new boy!!

10. tress29 Member Member

Petco is dangerous! My son decided to get a betta with his birthday money. He picked out a gorgeous half moon, it was $14! They are about half that at PetsMart, but look pathetic! I'll have to keep an eye out for kings now...

11. andrearamirezo91 Well Known Member Member

I knoww! I was at petsmart too the other day but those bettas were half dead and the other half had finrot or looked terrybly sick. I saw the prices :S But I think I´d still rather purchase a healthier, nice looking betta for a little more money! :) Still haven´t found the right one though!

12. angel_scout Well Known Member Member

Beautiful Betta.