Beautiful Dwarf Gourami :d

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by pastrami, Apr 7, 2017.

1. pastrami

pastramiNew MemberMember

2. GlamCrab

GlamCrabWell Known MemberMember

They are indeed pretty~ (Its not a good idea to keep males togheter tho.)

3. OP
    OP
    pastrami

pastramiNew MemberMember

They spend 90% of their time hanging out and sleep against each other more often than not.

There is a female in the tank which is completely ignored. I have seen the two males using their fins to feel each other too...

4. GlamCrab

Maybe yours are special, is the second male a powder blue. As far as i know powder blue are not as obvious to sex. I was just trying to guess from the picture

lol i have DG too a male and female.

5. OP
    OP
    pastrami

pastramiNew MemberMember

Yes, the one in this picture is the powder blue male. There is also a female who looks almost the same just a little less colour.

But the orange male gourami and powder blue one ignore the female completely, she mostly hangs out with platys.

6. GlamCrab

My male and female are flame dwarf gourami. usually hang out togheter, they are nice fish to watch.

They are really peacefull too. They completly ignore the wild betta that is in there with them.. Until i get a 5 gallon for a betta.

7. OP
    OP
    pastrami

pastramiNew MemberMember

It's crazy how smart they are :D

8. GlamCrab

True, specially since the wild betta is so much smaller then them.
    I knew it was a risk to mix them even if its temporary And they are all being champs.

Here are mines:
    image.jpegimage.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice