Beautiful betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by GuppyKeeper007, Jul 4, 2016.

1. GuppyKeeper007

GuppyKeeper007 Valued Member Member

Has anyone else ever gone into a fish store, and gone straight to the bettas? I did this today, even though I knew I wasn't able to buy another for 2 weeks. Anyways, while I was looking, I saw 1 Koi betta fish. There were some elephant fin bettas, and some kings too.

I now desperately want a koi betta fish, but I know that once my tank is 100% clear from all ich, the fish will be sold. It's guaranteed.
    I also know I can't ask to buy one from this forum for a while.

Has this ever happened to any of you guys? You see a beautiful fish, want it, but can't have it for whatever reason.

My reason is that I didn't want to get it sick.

2. MongooseALaMode

MongooseALaMode Well Known Member Member

All the time. I have TONS of pictures of bettas that I would love to have but have no space for.

3. mg13

mg13 Well Known Member Member

OMG, I have never had a time where Bettas were NOT the first thing I looked at.

4. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Totally! I have two that I've wanted the past few days and one that was nice-
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    First one I wanted^[​IMG]
    Second^
    [​IMG]
    And one that was gorgeous.:)

5. OP
    OP
    GuppyKeeper007

That red koi Betta looks just like the one I'm talking about! Wish I had a tank ready for him

6. Platylover

Haha, yeah I love them... I have a spare 2,5g, but it's now front and I really don't like it...

7. MongooseALaMode

OMG that white koi! <3

8. The Crayfish King

The Crayfish King Well Known Member Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1467685719.594343.jpg I wanted this guy real bad lol

9. OP
    OP
    GuppyKeeper007

10. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

The white one isn't s koi;)
    I have an extra filter running on all my tanks just for this reason, I've started get more girls though(since I have a sorority) but every once in a while you come across that one fish.

11. The Crayfish King

The Crayfish King Well Known Member Member

I know right, it's too bad I couldn't have gotten him.

12. Platylover

Haha, that's what the label said, once again wrong(same store the labeled Pebbles a male), how can you tell? And yeah I have filter media ready for when I come across that fish...

13. Flowingfins

Koi's will have 3 colors, he is a mostly white betta, with a dot on his side, making him a marble.

14. MongooseALaMode

I'm so glad I can just take pictures...
    20160409_113217.jpg
    20160409_113154.jpg
    20160409_105719.jpg
    20160409_105703.jpg
    20160409_105657.jpg
    20160409_105640.jpg
    20160702_143330.jpg
    20160409_105839.jpg
    20160409_105624.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Platylover

Ah ok that makes sense, but he does have three colours. Maybe just not enough? Thanks for letting me know, I love learning about bettas!@MomgooseALaMode, I totally get it. My phone is loaded with random fish...

16. Flowingfins

He has three? I only see white and black, eye color doesn't count. Either that or I need new glasses

17. Platylover

Yeah I think he does, here's a better photo of his sides[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I took a lot...

18. OP
    OP
    GuppyKeeper007

I love the Paradise males[​IMG]

19. Flowingfins

I was talking about this one
    The "paradise" ones are actually called a mustard gas. Petco changed the name to make it more appealing.

20. Platylover

Oh haha, that makes way more sense. I was thinking it looked like a white koi, but didn't know if they are white they aren't koi or something haha. Yeah I love that guy, there where was another guy like him, but he was prettier. Pure white with some black spots on his fins.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice