Beautiful betta

1. GuppyKeeper007

GuppyKeeper007 Valued Member Member

Has anyone else ever gone into a fish store, and gone straight to the bettas? I did this today, even though I knew I wasn't able to buy another for 2 weeks. Anyways, while I was looking, I saw 1 Koi betta fish. There were some elephant fin bettas, and some kings too.

I now desperately want a koi betta fish, but I know that once my tank is 100% clear from all ich, the fish will be sold. It's guaranteed.
    I also know I can't ask to buy one from this forum for a while.

Has this ever happened to any of you guys? You see a beautiful fish, want it, but can't have it for whatever reason.

My reason is that I didn't want to get it sick.

2. MongooseALaMode

MongooseALaMode Well Known Member Member

All the time. I have TONS of pictures of bettas that I would love to have but have no space for.

3. mg13

mg13 Well Known Member Member

OMG, I have never had a time where Bettas were NOT the first thing I looked at.

4. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Totally! I have two that I've wanted the past few days and one that was nice-
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    First one I wanted^[​IMG]
    Second^
    [​IMG]
    And one that was gorgeous.:)

5. OP
    OP
    GuppyKeeper007

That red koi Betta looks just like the one I'm talking about! Wish I had a tank ready for him

6. Platylover

Haha, yeah I love them... I have a spare 2,5g, but it's now front and I really don't like it...

7. MongooseALaMode

OMG that white koi! <3

8. The Crayfish King

The Crayfish King Well Known Member Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1467685719.594343.jpg I wanted this guy real bad lol

9. OP
    OP
    GuppyKeeper007

10. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

The white one isn't s koi;)
    I have an extra filter running on all my tanks just for this reason, I've started get more girls though(since I have a sorority) but every once in a while you come across that one fish.

11. The Crayfish King

The Crayfish King Well Known Member Member

I know right, it's too bad I couldn't have gotten him.

12. Platylover

Haha, that's what the label said, once again wrong(same store the labeled Pebbles a male), how can you tell? And yeah I have filter media ready for when I come across that fish...

13. Flowingfins

Koi's will have 3 colors, he is a mostly white betta, with a dot on his side, making him a marble.

14. MongooseALaMode

I'm so glad I can just take pictures...
    20160409_113217.jpg
    20160409_113154.jpg
    20160409_105719.jpg
    20160409_105703.jpg
    20160409_105657.jpg
    20160409_105640.jpg
    20160702_143330.jpg
    20160409_105839.jpg
    20160409_105624.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Platylover

Ah ok that makes sense, but he does have three colours. Maybe just not enough? Thanks for letting me know, I love learning about bettas!@MomgooseALaMode, I totally get it. My phone is loaded with random fish...

16. Flowingfins

He has three? I only see white and black, eye color doesn't count. Either that or I need new glasses

17. Platylover

Yeah I think he does, here's a better photo of his sides[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I took a lot...

18. OP
    OP
    GuppyKeeper007

I love the Paradise males[​IMG]

19. Flowingfins

I was talking about this one
    The "paradise" ones are actually called a mustard gas. Petco changed the name to make it more appealing.

20. Platylover

Oh haha, that makes way more sense. I was thinking it looked like a white koi, but didn't know if they are white they aren't koi or something haha. Yeah I love that guy, there where was another guy like him, but he was prettier. Pure white with some black spots on his fins.:)