"Beast" the Blue Butterfly Betta

TheWalkingMom

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
HI thought I'd share Beast. I've only had him for a week. Here he is in his new 5.5 gal. Things seem okay so far...I got him from PetCo. Only thing that has be curious is he is still a bit shy, is that OK for today just being the 5th day I've had him? Also, he kind of flares big at the back of the tank...there was a background with some bright colors here and there so I switched to plain blue... is he just crazy?

tanks-1-11.jpg
tanks-1.jpg
tanks-1-2.jpg

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
very pretty boy. he should become less shy, and more interested in you, in a short time. he's just adjusting.

zaraspook

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow what a cool looking betta. Love the fin span and the light blue color on the fins. Great pick up.

OP
TheWalkingMom

TheWalkingMom

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I went to PetCo with the intention of getting more black sand for my 10 gallon and I hadn't been inside our new PetCo yet and was so sad when I saw probably over 100 Betta to pick from. I didn't plan to get one but when I saw all of them I was taken!

Correction...I was sad that so many were in little cups but taken at the vast selection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

molly14

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He sure is a pretty boy! I don't think he's crazy I think he is just young. Petco also sells Betta mirrors if ya wanna get him one to flare at. He would love it!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

JustinSain

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
molly14 said:
He sure is a pretty boy! I don't think he's crazy I think he is just young. Petco also sells Betta mirrors if ya wanna get him one to flare at. He would love it!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app
Betta mirrors can be good for your betta, but remember, it can put a lot of stress on your fish if left in/next to the tank for over five minutes.

New Threads