Bearded Dragon: Yellow Fungus? Question

1. Brodie Member Member

I woke up and glanced at my beardies. I noticed one of them, Psyche, had some odd yellowish spots above her eyes. One of them is a bump that is soft to the touch. The other is more of just yellow scales.

I'm quite certain it is yellow fungus. I just recently got some coconut husk bark, and she did eat a bath yesterday as well. I'm going to get rid of the husk (RIP $9). I'll also steam it down to kill anything.

What other things should I do? I'm going to buy Betadine along with other anti-fungal stuff. What would you recommend though?

Here are some pictures below. They're only on her head. ce1de9a47e46a6322e83e0d18408d351.jpg ffd9928941f78f815549f85e79d7c3af.jpg
  2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. Gamer Well Known Member Member

Yeah looks that way, yellow fungus.

I'm not vet, I work for one, and own 4 bearded dragons and all I'd say is continue doing what you're doing never missing a dose, and yeah disinfect the inside of the tank and all of the stuff that is in it.
  4. Brodie Member Member

Thank you for that!

5. Brodie Member Member

Just a very late update. She is fine, went to the vet and he said he was confident it was not yellow fungus and it was not. She’s completely healthy and the spots have faded. We think it came from the light she has, and she has overall changed in color. Those bumps just happened to change in color a lot soon than the rest of her!
  6. Gamer Well Known Member Member

Good to know was so hard to tell by the pics