Bearded Dragon Questions (colony, lighting)

1. frogmel Initiate Member

Hello friends, I had and have many species of amphibians, inverts, and fish, and would like to move on to reptiles (i already have a turtle in my family's pond but it's actually belongs to my mom).

Anyways, i know everything about general care about them, except for the lighting. The lighting confuses me. A lot of people tell me i should have a long UVB fluorescent light , and a incandescent basking bulb, but never tell me what watts i should have??

Can any of you recommend a output and the brand of the bulbs and the wattage? Also, what output should i use for a reptisun 10.0 T5 that is 46 inches long.

Also, the tank will be 72 x 36 x 36 inches, with ledges made with a custom concrete background. How far down should the large ledges for basking be?

The last question is, in the 72 x 36 x 36 (404 gallon) tank how many bearded dragons can i have there? I want only one male and multiple females, also, so the females wont be stressed out from mating i will have caves and other stuff in there.

Thanks.

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you