Bear with me- internet is down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey everyone, I've finally gotten to log in for a little bit after a storm knocked out our internet connection a few days ago. A technician is scheduled to come out and hopefully fix everything tomorrow. Until then, I'm not going to be able to take any orders for plants or fish. If you PM me and I don't answer, please bear with me- I will answer as soon as I can! Everyone who has PM'ed me with an order, I will hold what you wanted and get back with you asap.

Cross your fingers that the technician can actually fix the connection tomorrow! LOL

I'll be online for a while while I'm at Starbucks so if you need to talk to me, hit me up quick! LOL

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
awwwww that stinks!!!!!! and hope you get it back soon!!!!! what did we do with life prior to the internet!!

but id love a french vanilla reg

OP
harpua2002

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mmmmm, it was a Caramel Frappuccino kind of morning for me!

Anyway, I'm going to be offline here pretty soon and may or may not be back on later today. We're hopefully going to check out another fish supplier later on so I'll report on that as soon as I can! LOL.

I'll be around as soon as humanly possible. This is driving me NUTS and I have a feeling things are going to turn ugly on my end if Comcast can't fix this issue tomorrow!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I spoke with Harpua2002 last night. Her internet is still down and won't be back up until Tuesday.

She'll handle orders once she's back online. She's gotten some really cool plants and fish in recently.

I'm going over there in a little over an hour, so I'd be happy to pass along any messages if you'd like.

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
see if she has any striped kuhlis for me! if not dont ask to order them yet. thanks BB
EDIT: oops i forgot my mmanners Pleeeeeasee??

Last edited:

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Storms really play havoc with computers. It's not been long since we lost 2 computers and a modem to a storm.
Tell her hello and hurry back
Carol

OP
harpua2002

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok, I'm back online! PMs have all been answered, thanks so much everyone for your patience! ;D

And BTW, I've missed all you guys!!!

OP
harpua2002

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks. I'm sharing a connection with some friends at the moment so it may be a little spotty... everyone, just keep bearing with me, the technician date changed again to a week from today! GRRRRRR

OP
harpua2002

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, when "the cable company who shall remain nameless" told us that they couldn't figure out the problem so they were going to run a wire the length of the house in the backyard and then drill through the wall (keep in mind we already had wiring run), we kicked them to the curb. We called "the phone company who shall remain nameless" for phone and DSL service, then got an install date for yesterday. We called around 2 PM yesterday after waiting ALL DAY for the technician to show up, and were told that there was some kind of hold on it (AFTER we easily passed the credit check a week earlier). That's right, no technician was going to show up and no one had bothered to let us know! After my husband had been on hold for over an hour trying to get it sorted out, we found out that:
A. There was no reason for the hold. Our credit is great and we don't owe a deposit. DUH!
B. We have to wait until NEXT Tuesday for someone to actually show up.

I've never had such a disappointing experience when ordering internet or phone. I mean, the way things have gone with both companies is really just shockingly bad. I don't want to give either of them our money, but unfortunately I called a third company yesterday and found out that they don't even offer service here. The "cable company who shall remain nameless" has a monopoly on cable internet here, and the "phone company who shall remain nameless" has a monopoly on DSL here. There's really nothing we can do... *sigh*.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds like where I live. We don't have any choices. It's either the local phone company for dsl or satellite for a huge install fee and reception can be spotty.
I don't think our cable company offers internet. Even if they did, I wouldn't take it. Whenever there's a big change in temperature our cable goes out.
Although, I have to say this for our phone company, when our modem went out recently over a weekend, they were here Monday morning with a new one.
That's rare. Really costumer service has gone out the window in most cases.

OP
harpua2002

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Satellite... ouch! That's pretty spendy from what I understand. My satellite TV is great, but I wouldn't even consider getting internet from them. It's too bad they don't offer a more attractive option- DirecTV at least still has great customer service. Oh, and their technicians show up on time!!!! LOL

And BTW, the sad part is, we live outside of Atlanta. I really thought there would be more options when you live pretty close to one of the biggest cities in the US. The third company doesn't even have service in Atlanta at all! I say they're missing the boat here, if they could offer some GOOD customer service I bet they would get a lot of customers switching!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 67 67.0%

Top Bottom