Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Beamswork Timer Help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by WTFish?, Feb 20, 2019.

1. WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

So I received the timer last night and when I plug it in the light flashes like a disco ball! I have it in the off position but it does this in all positions. I’ve read the online instructions 50 times (since the enclosed instructions are not in clear English) I’m thinking a malfunction??

2. coralbanditWell Known MemberMember

It does sound like that.
    The light runs fine without timer?

3. WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

Yes, well it’s on my timer just fine. Wanted this one for the separate white/blue periods.

4. IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

I have a 48" Beamswork w/ the plug in timer.

I have never seen it do that before.

It is either a loose connection at the plug, or the timer module is faulty.

Double check all the connection.

If it still is acting crazy, contact the seller or Amazon and ask for a replacement.

5. J. MacGregorValued MemberMember

I hate to tell you this but after our conversation my timer crapped out.

basicly to set up the light with the timer you have to unplug the light and have it in the off position, plug in the timerinto the light plug the light back in the light will flash once signaling that the manual switch has been bypassed. to set the current time press both white and blue buttons, set your time, to set when it comes on with both colors of lights press and hold the white button the display will say on, when the word on goes away and the time starts to flash set your time once you have reached you desired time stop pressing buttons the display will say "of" (for off) set your time in the same manner as before. for the blue lights only press and hold the blue button, and repeat the steps above.

6. WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

Already? Bummer, can you get a replacement? I returned mine and ordered another, if this one doesn’t do it then I’ll take that as I sign that I don’t need it. Haha.

7. J. MacGregorValued MemberMember

They already sent me a replacement for one and now they wont send me another. If I want another try with it I will have to reorder it. I am not sure weather or not I'm going to reorder the timer. Im thinking about returning the beamswork light and ordering a different light with a built in timer.

8. WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

Ah I see. I returned my defective one and another arrives today. We shall see. I love the light though. I hope you find something that works out.

9. J. MacGregorValued MemberMember

Im thinking that I'm going to go with the finnex plant+24/7.

10. WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

Nice! Got my second timer last night and it still doesn’t work. I assume it’s the port on my light now, not trying another one.