Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Beamswork Timer Help! Question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Colleen B, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Colleen BWell Known MemberMember

I just got my new Beamswork DA FSPEC light and timer. I cant for the life of me figure out how this timer works! The instructions aren't clear. Can someone please explain?

2. blizowman1Valued MemberMember

It works on a 24 he timer so 7 is am and 19 is 7pm

3. Colleen BWell Known MemberMember

ok I think I have it figured out. I THINK I have it set for on between 10am-8pm, blue from 8-midnight, and off from midnight to 10am.... lol we will see

4. blizowman1Valued MemberMember

Did you get the 6500k or 10k

5. Colleen BWell Known MemberMember

10k. I didn't see the same light in 6500k on amazon... the only 6500k one I saw didn't have red or green LEDs

6. angelfishguppieValued MemberMember

If I recall correctly, it needs to go through a full cycle before it starts working...I can't tell if it's working until the next day.

7. Colleen BWell Known MemberMember

good to know thank you

8. SixThreeOhWell Known MemberMember

With the timer, do the blue lights work at night? I just use a timer I bought elsewhere, so I never see the blue lights.

9. Colleen BWell Known MemberMember

yes!!! my lighting cycle worked perfectly last night!

10. angelcrazeWell Known MemberMember

The BW DA fspec uses 10000k white, red, blue and green diodes.

The DA uses 6500k and actinic. BW's 6500k CRI is very yellow, the actinic helps to even it out.

Personally I prefer BW's 10000k over their 6500k.

11. Colleen BWell Known MemberMember

well I'm glad I chose a good one!!!

12. DarkOneFishlore VIPMember

6500k is better for plants. 10000k is great for growing algae. I have the 6500k BW DA and it's not yellow at all. I have other lights that are 10000k and it's not a huge difference visually but it does matter for growing plants.

13. angelcrazeWell Known MemberMember

Not really. 10000k is just the CRI. The more blueish light penetrates better through deep tanks. It's a personal preference for how it looks visually. I can def tell the difference between 6500k and 10000k on my tanks. I can't even run my 6500k DHL full power because it looks too yellow for me on my 120g. I use the 6500k DHL on my 90g because it's hidden in the fishroom. But I prefer RBG plus 100000k for Beamswork. I am planning to swap my 6500k diodes for 10000k and full spectrum. Already bought the diodes :) Having said all that, the old DHLs don't include actinic to balance out the yellowness. I have a 10000k + actinic in my 90g as well to help balance it.

I just read this someone else posted, it has good info.
    ps:// 

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  14. Colleen BWell Known MemberMember

I have a dimmer also, so if it's giving me algae i can turn it down!

15. angelcrazeWell Known MemberMember

Yeah, I really like BW, it's what I use on my tanks cuz I can afford Beamsworks lol. Well for me, it's the best bang for my buck ;)

16. IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

@angelcraze , can you post pics of your DIY LED diode swap?

That sounds very interesting!!

@Colleen B , were you able to program both the white and blue LED's separately?

I have the same timer, just making sure you were able to do it. They are great little timers for the money. They also have a memory recall so it remembers the settings if the power goes out or you unplug the lights from the outlet.

17. Colleen BWell Known MemberMember

yes!! they work separately. i like it a lot!