Beamswork Et 6500k Flickering

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bgclarke, Apr 14, 2017.

1. bgclarke

bgclarke Well Known Member Member

Picked up my light bar today while on a quick trip to the US.

Just hooked it up and it appears to be flickering a bit.

I can't tell if it's a PWM type flicker or if it's an actual problem with the light.

Anyone with this light notice the same thing?

EDIT: It seems to be an issue with the switch.
    If I put it in mode 1 (blue only) and then put it in mode 2 (blue and white), it doesn't flicker.
    Since it would cost as much as what I paid for the light to return it, I'll just live with it.
    May buy the timer module for it to avoid having to use the manual switch.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. max h

max h Well Known Member Member

I have a pair of ET-120 lights and haven't noticed any type of flickering. They have been in use since the beginning of last October.

3. Jamieson22

Jamieson22 Well Known Member Member

FYI the timer module allows an on/off time for white and blue separately. What it does NOT allow is a siesta where you'd have more than one on/off for day. So, I just bought a timer on Amazon that allows this but can't run blue and white separately (which I don't care about).

4. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Contact Beamswork direct and see if they can diagnose the problem over the phone or via email. They may offer to ship the part to you if you send them a scanned receipt as proof of purchase or photos of the new fixture and box. Most companies don't want bad press or disgruntled customers, so mention you are an avid member of several fish forums, and I'm sure they will jump right on it and fix you up.

5. OP
    OP
    bgclarke

I've contacted the seller about it.

Like many others, I can't seem to find an official Beamswork web site to contact for support.

6. OP
    OP
    bgclarke

Seller got back to me.
    They are going to send a new power supply.

7. dcutl002

dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

Good news.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice