Beamswork DA FSPEC or Stingray 2???

andy305mia

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello, I am picking up one of these lights for medium to low light plants (crypts, anubias, java fern, swords, jungle val, bucephalandra) 16" of depth. From the data I have gathered, both have similar PAR ratings. I am leaning towards Finnex Stingray 2, since they are quote unquote more reputable. I have had Beamswork lights in the past and they are pretty solid, plus I have a timer that works well. The Beamswork is wider which is def a plus. Singray 2 is $68 on Amazon and Beamsworks DA FSPEC is $55 on Amazon. I looked at the Stingray 1 and and Beamswork DA 6500K as well, lower on PAR which is probably good enough for my plants. Thoughts??? Thanks

Cody

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
People on here are very happy with their Finnex lights, although most use the Planted+. The stingray 2 came out last fall so there is not a lot of people who will probably offer much input.

No doubt it will be quality light for you if you go that route. If you are happy with the beamswork and have a compatible timer I would not be afraid to stick with what you know.

Based on what you have for plants and the height of you tank you would probably be pretty safe with the Stingray V1 or the comparable Beamswork. I think you may be safer going that route unless you wanted to start keeping some more high light plants.

WTFish?

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
I have both on 2 different tanks. Both are great for my medium level plants. Mostly ludwigia. I like the width of the beamswork better and I like the flexibility of the Finnex.

bettaandcorylover

Reactions
Experience
2 years
Cody said:
I personally would go Finnex. Just make sure you’re looking at the right light. You supplied a link for the original stingray but you’re looking at PAR data for v2
I agree. I would go with finnex. Top notch!

New Threads