Be cool...literally!!!

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Temps here on the East Coast going up to near 95 today, 100 by Saturday!!! With our humidity, they say heat index of 108+

Nice to not be using the heaters for a while!!

Ouch, and we are driving to Lancaster PA tomorrow for a 3 day visit. I suppose we will stop at That Fish Place on the way home. A fun store to browse thru.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Tennessee weather in the north Ted.
It's terrible down here too.
Thank goodness for air conditioning. Sadly, I don't think as many homes up there are equipped with central air like we have down here.
It's not viewed as a necessity in the north as it is in the south.

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
you silly thang!!! I'm not that "up north"!!!! More central east, but you are correct, I will never get used to weeks of this. Normally we get a hot week or 2 but not this never ending stuff.

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey Ted what part of Maryland are you from, I just got back from a six week trip there I was out seeing my dad, he lives in Aberdeen a little outside Baltimore. When I came back it was hotter here than there but we have since cooled down from the 100s to the 90s, but we have no A/C so even the fish were sweating lol.

I never knew that fish place had a store up there, I will have to visit it next time I am out there. In Baltimore (actually Glen Burnie) there is a great store called House of Tropicals, it is massive over a thousand different fish and is the best store I have ever seen. If you haven't been you should really go, its worth it!

gremlin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Temps here on the East Coast going up to near 95 today, 100 by Saturday!!! With our humidity, they say heat index of 108+
Welcome to my weather! Temps ranging from 101 - 109 for the next week or so (cooled down a bit with a storm system moving through - no real rain yet though). Our dew point right now is 91 degrees. Our low temps are in the upper 80's - lower 90's. Walking out the front door is very much like walking into a sauna room and getting hit in the face with a hot wet towel. We actually got .18 in our rain gauge on Tuesday morning (around 2 am). All that did was make Tuesday day that much muggier. If I hear "but it's a dry heat" one more time...

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to my weather! Temps ranging from 101 - 109 for the next week or so (cooled down a bit with a storm system moving through - no real rain yet though). Our dew point right now is 91 degrees. Our low temps are in the upper 80's - lower 90's. Walking out the front door is very much like walking into a sauna room and getting hit in the face with a hot wet towel. We actually got .18 in our rain gauge on Tuesday morning (around 2 am). All that did was make Tuesday day that much muggier. If I hear "but it's a dry heat" one more time...
I know they say dry heat is better, but I really don't think so, cuz you just bake in the heat, its like being in an oven. Those who say dry heat is better need to come out to the desert and see what it is really like

kefman86

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Same thing over here in the UK, 82. Thats the lowest its been this month otherwise its been in the high 80's. Unplugged the heater and kept the air pump running 24/7. Were roasting and the fish love it.

trouble is the sound of the tank makes me get up in the night for a whizz.

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey NMfishman, I'm about an hour south of Baltimore. I've been to the house of tropicals...they are very pricey on the fish, but do have an amazing selection. That fish Place is between York and Lancaster PA...closer to York.

New Mexico?? I love it there. Spent a week in Santa Fe...it is cooler there when you subtract the humidity we have. But I was feeling a bit down every afternoon til I was told to drink, drink, drink....found out I was dehydrating!!!!! lolol....so drink I did!!....then I was told that water was what they meant!!!

During the summer months our humidity is equal to Brazil.

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yeah we are a little south of Santa Fe in the mountains. Yes you can dehydrate very quickly out here. Yes Maryland is very humid, here after a shower my hair is dry in about 10 min but out there it took like an hour

Algae Eater

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yuck! I'll be happy when we don't have to use the heaters OR the a/c... I love having the windows open! I just visited That Fish Place for the first time on Tuesday. It was worth the trip.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom