Bba Again!!! Co2 Booster Dosing Or H202?

Herrwibi

So i've had BBA before I had to fully strip down the tank and rebuild my plant base.

My understand of getting it was because I was using diy co2 the fluctuations were too much and too much light.

Since then I have reduced my light and have invested in a pressurised co2.

The problem is my BBA has returned. I did increase my light brightness due to not seeing any algae growth but it has been lowered back to the original setting. I am using TNC Complete every water change which is roughly every 4-5 days. Thinking of moving onto daily doses of Fert.

I have some CO2 Booster from API which I havn't used in a long time and seen people dosing it directly onto the BA and was wondering if this would work with spot treating through a syringe on the BBA ?

Or would h202 be the best way to battle against? I don't really want to drain my tank all the way down is there anyway to dilute the 3% h202 in a spray bottle and spray while the tank is at its max level?

Thanks,

Mark.

Nappers

I've used hydrogen peroxide and to date have just managed to grow more hardy algae!
Make small changes to the three main elements (lights, nutrients, co2) clean off algae before a water change and see if it makes a difference through the week.
Small tweaks and some patience!
Reduce light and daily dosing is a good start, give it a couple of weeks...

After that maybe tweak the CO2, how constant is it?, do you have it coming on before the lights?
Then maybe look at a new fast growing stem plant...

That should be it for a month...

Reduced growth, getting it under control?
How about a couple of algae eaters, shrimp, snails, otto's etc...

Ooh and feeding - Don't over feed!

Herrwibi

I've used hydrogen peroxide and to date have just managed to grow more hardy algae!
Make small changes to the three main elements (lights, nutrients, co2) clean off algae before a water change and see if it makes a difference through the week.
Small tweaks and some patience!
Reduce light and daily dosing is a good start, give it a couple of weeks...

Well I've reduced my light and slightly increased the rate on my bubble counter .

I have the lights and co2 coming on at the same time for 8 hours a day 10am till 6pm . Does this seem ok?

I'm doing a large water change today and going to dose with API booster just to see if this helps with the black beard algae.

Then going to do daily ferts from then on.

Ooh and feeding - Don't over feed!

Over feed as in the fish or in ferts?

Nappers

Fish, I can't resist sometimes but I try.
Some people have co2 come on an hour before lights to boost before photo period (I use ph controller).
Do you have a drop-checker for co2 - if not get one!
8h seems ok, you could go as low as 6 but I wouldn't yet

coralbandit

I kill BBA with H2O2 at 1 ml of 3% per gallon target applied with a turkey baster.
I focus on one area at a time for 3-4 days. Keep your filters running.
It will turn red when dying. Then on to next spot /area.You can do this daily even 2 times if early and late .
It will kill but not cure it .The source must be found and dealt with .
I get it most only in my live bearer tanks that also coincidentally have more snails then any other tank I have . I am sure they do not correspond but also for note snails are useless .
I don't mind doing the treatments when ever needed as I know they are safe ?

Herrwibi

Fish, I can't resist sometimes but I try.
Some people have co2 come on an hour before lights to boost before photo period (I use ph controller).
Do you have a drop-checker for co2 - if not get one!
8h seems ok, you could go as low as 6 but I wouldn't yet

It seems to have returned . Although I don't think my co2 is dispersing properly .

I've ordered and inline co2 so it will run through the output of the filter . I've also ordered dry ferts .

Can you outgrow bba if your nutrients and co2 are on point or will I have to get rid of the bba firston the ceramic diffuser I'm using now green algae has started to grow .

This is the latest it certainly looks like bba.

Attachments

• IMG_20190201_162217.jpg
    IMG_20190201_162217.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 76

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
BBA
  • Tcrlightemup
  • Algae
Replies
Views
Tcrlightemup