Battery Powered Heater?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by BlissfulBetta, Apr 18, 2017.

1. BlissfulBetta

BlissfulBetta Valued Member Member

I have a betta fish in a 10 gallon. I live in Michigan and it gets really cold here. This winter several cities surrounding us had a week-long power outage. I'm very lucky that this didn't affect my city. I want to be prepared though in case it happens in later years.
    Are there any good battery-powered heaters for 10 gallon tanks? If not, how can I keep my betta warm if something like this happens again?

2. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

I think that heaters use too much power to be battery operated as the batteries wouldn't last very long.

I have previously used a hot water bottle to warm my tank when my heater broke.

Next time you could also try wrapping it in blankets & adding a little bit of warm water to the tank to slowly decrease the temperature.

3. Lemonz13

Lemonz13 Valued Member Member

If you had the money you could get a small generator just for your fish tank. I plan on saving up for one. This is really the best option I have found.

Battery powered heaters just aren't very good since they require a large amount of power. You could get a UPS heater and plug it in to a charged computer but that would only be able to run at half...if that.

4. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

I was going to suggest a backup generator but they are very expensive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice