Battery Powered Heater?

BettaBliss

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have a betta fish in a 10 gallon. I live in Michigan and it gets really cold here. This winter several cities surrounding us had a week-long power outage. I'm very lucky that this didn't affect my city. I want to be prepared though in case it happens in later years.
Are there any good battery-powered heaters for 10 gallon tanks? If not, how can I keep my betta warm if something like this happens again?

MaddieTaylah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think that heaters use too much power to be battery operated as the batteries wouldn't last very long.

I have previously used a hot water bottle to warm my tank when my heater broke.

Next time you could also try wrapping it in blankets & adding a little bit of warm water to the tank to slowly decrease the temperature.

Lemonz13

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If you had the money you could get a small generator just for your fish tank. I plan on saving up for one. This is really the best option I have found.

Battery powered heaters just aren't very good since they require a large amount of power. You could get a UPS heater and plug it in to a charged computer but that would only be able to run at half...if that.

MaddieTaylah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you had the money you could get a small generator just for your fish tank. I plan on saving up for one. This is really the best option I have found.

Battery powered heaters just aren't very good since they require a large amount of power. You could get a UPS heater and plug it in to a charged computer but that would only be able to run at half...if that.
I was going to suggest a backup generator but they are very expensive.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom