Battery back up

Dillan Murphy

Does anyone have a battery back up for their aquarium, if so which one and how long does it run the aquarium? I'm looking to just run the air pumps heater and filter during a power outages.

StarGirl

Like a generator or battery? I know you can get battery powered air pumps.

Upvote 0

Dillan Murphy

Yeah like a battery, I found a surge protector/battery combo on amazon that will keep everything running during a power outage

Upvote 0

Lucy

Pretty sure the OP means like a UPS that you can get for computers and such

Upvote 0

StarGirl

My hubs had a battery jump start thing for in the car that had plugs and would run a heater and stuff. I forgot about that! I should look for one of those! ;)

Upvote 0

FishDin

I designed one years ago because there is an obvious need, but the prototype was going to cost $250.000 so I bought a generator instead.

Search "portable power bank", "portable power pack". There are several on the market. They don't have huge output, but would run a fish tank ok. 100-200 watts seems a common size, but there are bigger ones too. You would have to figure out your electrical needs vs. power output of the unit to be sure it will work for you.

I've never used one so I can't speak from experience, but at first glance it seems like an option.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TClare
  • Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
jmaldo