Batch 6 after 7 months !

agsansoo
OK this was a big surprise today ! I came home from work today and noticed eggs. If anyone remembers 7 months ago my threads on clownfish breeding. It's about time these two started breeding again.

173.jpg

Can you see them ?

agsansoo
How about now ?

175.jpg

Tom
Cool, good job. Is it better with '1' or '2'? lol
Tom

Peterpiper
Yay! Baby clowns on the way! How many eggs you got 60-80?

agsansoo
Yay! Baby clowns on the way! How many eggs you got 60-80?

Can't tell the anemone is covering most of the eggs. Usually the female lays a few hundred.

Peterpiper
You could start a circus with that many clowns!
So do you need to separate the young from mum and dad later?
And what do you feed the fry?

agsansoo
You could start a circus with that many clowns!
So do you need to separate the young from mum and dad later?
And what do you feed the fry?

I wished it was that easy. Maroon clown fry are smaller than perc's and Ocellaris fry. On the night of the fry hatching, I place a fry snagger into the tank to collect the fry. They are just tiny specks. I then place them into a 5 gallon nursery tank. Their yolk sack feeds them for around 48 hours. After that they need live rotifers, lots of rotifers ! The first 5 batches of fry did not survive. I am trying something different this time. Wish me luck !

Martinismommy
baby clowns I'd be so excited! I hope you can keep some alive this time..How long is the gestation?

agsansoo
The eggs hatch in 7 to 10 days, depending on tank temperature. So about next Tuesday !

agsansoo
Well they hatched. I was not ready for them. I'm in the process of getting live rotifer and other supplies ready for the next batches to come.

Peterpiper
agsansoo,
bugger mate, agsansoo what has been the issue with the fry?
It's just that H.ReidI (seahorse) fry are the same, very small and need rotifer's.
And I have done a bit of research about raising them, tank in tank set ups and how to grow rotifer's for fry food etc

agsansoo
The biggest issue would have to be the type of rotifers. Most people sell the L-strain, maroon fry are so small they need the s-strain rotifers. I would watch the baby fry swim surrounded by rotifers, only to find the fry all dead after day 3. That was with the L-strain. I'm going to try the s-strain for the first 7 to 10 day, then something like dry power food and BBS.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Reva
Replies
Views
george90165308
Replies
Views
JustAFishServant
Replies
Views