barbs?

1. tom5678 Member Member

are barbs a good choice for a 50 gallon community tank containing 12 neons a platy and 2 gouramis?

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I think they would be a great addition :)
    love the christmas doggie LOL

3. tom5678 Member Member

ok i might get some tomorrow then. i am also going to get one of each gourami; sparkling, kissing, dwarf. would they be good too?
    thanks about the dog =]

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

gouramis are a different story..they dont usually play nice with eachother...kissing gourami get huge and probably not good for a tank with other fish..if it were me, id keep just the 2 gouramis you have if they are getting along...what kind are they?

5. tom5678 Member Member

pearl and moonlight

6. freak78 Well Known Member Member

What type of Barb's? Alot of people don't like the tiger barb because because they tend to be fin nipper's. I have 5 in my 20 gallon community tank and there well behaved. My Zebra's are more aggressive than the Tiger's. Cherry Barb's are are good Barb.

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

nice :) usually both on the mild side of gouramis...but like i said if its all calm now, not sure you want to take a chance to upset that?

8. tom5678 Member Member

i dont know what type i would get, i was just going to look for a nice one when i got there.

i wont get any more gouramis, i think that i will just get a small shoal of barbs or tetras. are there any other fish that are similar to gouramis but more peaceful.

the black skirt tetras look nice, are they peaceful?

9. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

black skirts are cool fish...but they are nippers also if not in larger schools like tiger barbs...

10. tom5678 Member Member

ok ill have to see how many i can get my dad to buy me then =P