Banggaii Cardinals, Yes Or No?

GetFreshedAquariums

I have got my 100 Litre reef currently set up with 9.5ish kg of liverock, a couple small corals and a pair of clownfish.
What I wanted to know was could I add 3 PJ or BangaiI cardinals?
If not what would be a good fish that is readily available in Australia, isn't too expensive and that I can keep in groups of 3 or 4?
Keeping in mind I want stocking to be kinda low. (max of 5 fish)
Thanks for any Inputs

Ed204

A group of 3-4 cardinals would be fine.
Just make sure you only stick to those 2 clowns, if you add any more the new clowns would end up being killed

Culprit

I don't really know much about stocking but you could do a bangaiI cardinal, goby, and a clown pair. Those are all readily available cheap fish.

Nart stella1979 grantm91

Ed204

I don't really know much about stocking but you could do a bangaiI cardinal, goby, and a clown pair. Those are all readily available cheap fish.

Nart stella1979 grantm91
Cardinals appreciate their kind in the same tank, I would just get 3 cardinals instead. A Goby could defintely work though.

grantm91

I have one in my 130 litre along with 2 clowns a molly and a blue neon goby, no agression, I don't know how they would get along in a group of 3. Whats the foot print of the tank id try it in a long tank but I have a cube hence my stock, water quality is good too when you understock.

Last edited:

stella1979

I really don't have a lot of knowledge in regards to stocking.

However, seeing as how you already have an established tank where fish are being fed, look at how your nitrates and phosphates are currently doing. If both are remaining stable in the desired range, well then, I would feel comfortable adding 3 cardinals. For myself, I have a 20 gallon and was limiting myself to 3 fish. With only one in there, I can't get my nitrates over 0.25ppm and phosphates are always zero. I'm now thinking that I might end up with 4 fish.

GetFreshedAquariums

Thanks guys. I'll look into it and I'll probably end up with 3 bangaiis

Ed204

Thanks guys. I'll look into it and I'll probably end up with 3 bangaiis
Best of Luck!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom