10 Gallon Tank bangaii cardnilfish and ocellaris clown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naeusu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don't think EITHER of them is good for a 10 gallon. The clownfish needs a 20 gallon minimum tank and the cardinal needs a 30 gallon minimum tank.

If you want something smaller try a rainsfordi goby.

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't think EITHER of them is good for a 10 gallon. The clownfish needs a 20 gallon minimum tank and the cardinal needs a 30 gallon minimum tank.

If you want something smaller try a rainsfordi goby.
yea I'd stay with the smaller goby's and blennies versus clowns and cardonal that need room to swim.

locoyo386

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
would they work in a 10 gallon
Yeah, I believe so. Neither of then are real swimmers. The Cardinals just tend to suspend themself in mid height and the Clowns do not like to go an explore alot of room. My maroon clown only goes about 18" in my 55 gallon. He might go further once he gets bigger (I hope it reaches 6"). With two clowns in the same tank (that small) might be an issue with them as full grown, but it can be tried. Two cardinals mostlikely will not get along as full grown fish, unless they happen to be paired or mated (same goes for the clowns).

Last edited:

Naeusu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah, I believe so. Neither of then are real swimmers. The Cardinals just tend to suspend themself in mid height and the Clowns do not like to go an explore alot of room. My maroon clown only goes about 18" in my 55 gallon. He might go further once he gets bigger (I hope it reaches 6"). With two clowns in the same tank (that small) might be an issue with them as full grown, but it can be tried. Two cardinals mostlikely will not get along as full grown fish, unless they happen to be paired or mated (same goes for the clowns).
Having a clown or a cardinal in a 10 gallon because they don't "swim much" is like making you live in your bathroom.

You don't need that much room to turn around and you can bath and drink and even eat in there but it doesn't make you happy.

Having a fish that size in a tank that size will cause them stress and most likely illness or premature death.

locoyo386

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
okay im really confused now
Well like I said my personal expereince allows me to say that they should be fine. The reason being; they say a tang needs a minimum 6' tank, thus a tang that is 12" to a tank that is 72", has about 6 times it's length to swim in. The cardinals and clowns get to be 3", thus at 6 time their lengths, the minimum tank length should be 18". The 10 gallon tank is 20" long, thus the tank should be ok. Not just that, but the tangs do a whole lot more swimming then the cardinals and clowns do. The tank might be small relative to you, but to a fish that is 3" is not that small. It will have the same apperance as a 6' long tank has to a 12" tang. Well it is going to be your choice, I am just giving you my personal opinion. Good luck with it.

Last edited:
OP
lil0618

lil0618

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
okay i looked online and some say no and some say yes so i dont know

Naeusu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
okay i looked online and some say no and some say yes so i dont know
go with the safer road and pick fish that have been approved by the majority to be housed in such a small tank. Why run the risk of getting a fish that is supposed to be in a large tank and stresses out and dies because of being in such a small tank?

a lot of the smaller fishes have brilliant colorings and are just as attractive to look at as large fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 69 67.6%

Top Bottom