Banana plant questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnm324

Reaction score
Just recently bought 10 medium size banana plants from a local seller on ebay, some are in rough condition due to shipping, and I want to grow them to their fullest. i have a mixture of medium grain sand and gravel in my tank. How should i go about securing them onto a particular place in the tank? I want to give them optimal light, and Ive noticed no matter what i do, they end up being moved by fish into a corner, or coming out of the sand & moving around. I bury the rhizome about 1/3 into the sand. Can i thread a needle through the plant and tie it down without damaging it? Its annoying honestly.

chrt396

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I take some seachem reef glue..and just dab a couple spots on the plant and stick it on a sliver of slate. I then bury the slate in the substrate. The plant aint going anywhere.

jnm324

Reaction score
Perfect solution. Any advice on getting them to grow? Some are missing leaves completely and are a spotty brown. Im using osmoscote tabs in the sand as a fertilizer.

Bluestreakfl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Trim off any dead leaves. These will feed from the water column as well as the "bananas" until they finally establish a root system at which point the banana may completely shrink and disappear. The Bananas are actually nutrient storage. Once roots establish and the bananas shrink or disappear, its time to switch to root tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 40 63.5%

Top Bottom