bamboo shrimps

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Does anyone have any clue about Bamboo shrimp I have two of them i put them on two different sides of the tank hoping that the would be fine like that. In this tank (10 gallons) is also a Male Betta he is very curious about them but doesn't do much besides stare...any sorry that was off the subject. Petco said that they were just like any other shrimp they are filter feeders and they may eat dead matter like well my plant leaves (thank god finally someone to do my dead pruning for me) does anyone know if they are social at all i had one on the left and one on the right sides of my tank and they decided to meet in the middle of the tankand sit on a hydra idk what they are thinking any info will help thanx

brent

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Mine don't seem social. They are filter feeders but the Petco person, not surpringly, is clueless. Most are NOT filter feeders. Bamboo do not eat dead matter or plant leaves. Filter feeders have "fan" like appendages rather than claws or feet and filter microscopic particles out of the water.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
right well that does make sense and they are not social creatures 'cause mine seem to be pretty freaking social they are have been hanging out on the same freaking plant all blasted day well the lack there of anyway

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom