90 Gallon Tank Bamboo shrimp questions/information.

Shamannite80

So I am slowly setting up a 90g for discus. It will be planted with rummynose tetra, blue phantom pleco, and possibly shrimp, oh, and otos. My question is, will bamboo shrimp thrive at that temperature?
I'm planning on keeping it around 84-85F. I just can't find any solid facts about bamboo shrimp. The temp and lifespan are always different depending on source. I do have another tank sitting at 78F that they could go in if the 90 is to warm though, so that is a plus.

Before anyone says anything, yes I know planted tank and discus are difficult but it isn't going to be heavily planted, mainly things that will live on wood, and there will be a thin layer, less than an inch, of substrate.

Any information would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

AJE

I think they could happily live at that temp but it would increase their metabolism which would cause it to need to eat more and probably have a shorter life

Upvote 0

Shamannite80

Good
I think they could happily live at that temp but it would increase their metabolism which would cause it to need to eat more and probably have a shorter life
Good point. I didn't even think about the temp affecting/effecting (always get confused with those) them that way. From everything I could find their lifespan is 2 years andpossibly up to 5. Their ph is varied also, somewhere between 6.5-8. The temps I have found range from 72 up to 88 or so. So confusing.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
blossawm
Replies
Views
airdog44
90 Gallon Tank Dove into the deep end.
Replies
Views