Bamboo shrimp question

Meg123P

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has experience with bamboo shrimp and have more information about them. My goal would be to keep one in 10 gallon with my paradise fish and 2 snails but I don't know if it would be possible. Paradise fish will eat anything that fits in their mouth, mine is not nippy, she's more of an ambush predator and is only over 2 inch just to precise

julifhy

I've never had them, but don't they need 20 gallons? I think it would be okay for you to get one with you fish if you had a 20 gallon.
(I don't know much about them though, so I could be wrong).

Meg123P

Ok yes my tank is defenetly too small

Fisheye

They are extremely shy and require lots of hiding places. Flow is important as well. I don't think it's wise to keep them with anything other than peaceful fish. If you are keen on shrimp, you could try amano or short nose alagae eaters with your current stocking. Ultimately depends how big your tank is.

Meg123P

They are extremely shy and require lots of hiding places. Flow is important as well. I don't think it's wise to keep them with anything other than peaceful fish. If you are keen on shrimp, you could try amano or short nose alagae eaters with your current stocking. Ultimately depends how big your tank is.
My fish would defenitly eat smaller shrimp than bamboo shrimp. My tank is only 10 gallon so I think my only option is snail

Lswims11

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has experience with bamboo shrimp and have more information about them. My goal would be to keep one in 10 gallon with my paradise fish and 2 snails but I don't know if it would be possible. Paradise fish will eat anything that fits in their mouth, mine is not nippy, she's more of an ambush predator and is only over 2 inch just to precise
the paradise fish needs more room.

Meg123P

the paradise fish needs more room.
I know, I got her in 6 months ago and it was my first fish, I got bad information and now I don't think my parents would let me give her to someone else...

Top Bottom