20 Gallon Tank Bamboo Shrimp Question

Myboimydudemyfish

Will a single bamboo shrimp socialize and group up with other species such as amanos, ghosts, and cherries and feel secure? If not can I house a pair in a twenty gallon?
I plan on adding shrimp to my tank when I add plants and hiding spots to my tank.
Biggest fish in the tank is a docile angelfish, the rest are tetras.

Feohw

They should do fine with those shrimp, but they won't really interact. Some smaller shrimp like to clamber onto their backs. You can do two in a 20 gallon, though that tank is too small for angelfish. How mature is the tank btw?

Myboimydudemyfish

They should do fine with those shrimp, but they won't really interact. Some smaller shrimp like to clamber onto their backs. You can do two in a 20 gallon, though that tank is too small for angelfish. How mature is the tank btw?
Yeah I was worried because I know shrimp don't do very well on their own.
Yup, I'm aware of that. My dad was the one who managed the tank before me so he added an angel without knowing any better. Hopefully next year I will be upgrading.
The tank has been running for as long as I can remember. Think 10+ years

Feohw

Yeah I was worried because I know shrimp don't do very well on their own.
Yup, I'm aware of that. My dad was the one who managed the tank before me so he added an angel without knowing any better. Hopefully next year I will be upgrading.
The tank has been running for as long as I can remember. Think 10+ years
The tank should be just fine for 2 bamboos then. They are a fantastic shrimp.

tjander

Not sure how big your angelfish is, but there is a good chance he will eat the cherry’s and will nip at the other shrimp.
IMO, rehome the angelfish. I am not 100% sure the ghosts won’t go after the neo’s either, but the angelfish really should go.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom